Shake at 35 mph

I have a question about this as it's looking like I am also going to need to replace my clutch/throwout bearing/clutch master and slave cylinders soon. When you go to replace it, is it an engine-out job or do you drop the trans/tcase? What is easier?

I'm in the same boat. I've done several clutches in the past - all 2WD vehicles and non-hydraulic. They were "drop the transmission" jobs. I'm hoping my Jeep is somewhat similar. I can't imagine pulling the engine to replace a clutch.

Non-engine hoist owner,
mud

pulling transmission and transfer case seems to be the way to replace a clutch but that realy depends on the equipment you own. the trans assembly is off balance so its a pain to line up unless you have a smooth surface and a trans jack. on 2 wheel drives its better balanced side to side so alot easier. also when the trans is removed the engine on some models will try to lean back. the last clutch i did i asked the same question and everyone agreed that trans/transfer was the way to go but now i would serious consider moving the engine forwards in a cj5 as i have a engine lift but i dont have a trans jack. nothing beats 3 big work mates and a few beers as a way to replace a transmission...lol

Back