shwoing off my other toy :) (pics)

Sacredgroove

bought this a few months back. always wanted a 69 black vette with sidepipes. recently won a councours first place finish. a jeep and a classic vette and hopefully my 79 z28 resto will done next year. did I mention I love my wife? lol

IMG_1075-3.jpg

zainoday-4.jpg

and my amazing stock CJ7 flex lol

PC130018-3.jpg

Nice car! I want an old Contenental convertable with suicide doors to restore. But not till I move out of this condo and have a garage of my own.

thats the wettest looking black i've seen in a long long time, that's what black is supposed to look like. What do you use to clean it?

for detailing I use Zaino products exclusively www.zainostore.com the paint looks wet and deep and their finishing sealant spray makes it "pop" like nothing ive ever seen. I use porter cable 7424 buffer and the zaino is a polymer so you can layer it 20-25 times no problem.
under the hood is the original L46 350 350 horse 380 torque 11:1 compression. when engine was rebuilt it had a hotter cam installed, a dual plane intake manifold(stock is single plane),hooker supercomp headers with the sidepipes and hi-po competition 650 cfm carb from AFB.
before the car was restored the original motor was kept on a stand and it had a vette 427. the big block hood was retained though for looks. I would estimate the horsepower to be closer to 400 now with torque in the 425 range. I plan on putting it on the dyno soon to see what it gets rear wheel. I would say the car runs 0-60 in the low to mid 5 second range. the rear gears are 3:70 so i probably top out at 135.
ive wanted this exact car since I can remember and decided I better buy one before they are too rich for my blood. I dont have any car payments, drive the jeep daily and just made the decision that I would rather have more toys than the creature comforts of a new car ;) thanks for the compliments everyone!
many people on the vette forum are also jeep people and we talk jeeps quite a bit over there.
those suicide door continentals like in "entourage" are sweet!
thats a bada$$ Z28 fast! dont think I could take ya ;)

those WS6 T/A's are awesome! my favorite color too ;)
keep the cool vehicle pics coming! I have a 79 Z28 also but it is in restoration mode right now. just found a full quarter panel for the rear I need to have welded in due to accident. I may turn it into a big block firebreathing monster. :twisted: taking a break from that though to get the Jeep right. motor/clutch swap, howell TBI going in and por-15 the frame/undercarriage all in the next few weekends. line-x the interior and then strip and repaint it all by spring.

you should be faster than 5sec in the 0-60...

shit the stock LS1s were doing something like 4.6...with 300hp

and i am pretty confident i'd take you, 400 to the wheels puts me at around 450 crank depending on the percentage drivetrain loss you calculate.

if nothing else..it'd be FUN

RE: hey

If I was to get a new car, this it what it would be! Nice car man!
image-missing.png

RE: Re: RE: hey

lol stock cobra vs stock camero? lol yea buddy I smoked one when I took it out. What times are you running?

A supercharged Cobra CAN be a nightmare to LS powered Camaro owners, but all of the other ones ever built need some help. I wouldn't put money on the Mustang unless the race was from a dig on the street, with street tires, and a really good driver in the Mustang, and Fast_Z28_Guy had just smoked a big fat doobie. That being said, I've been drooling over my dads Bullit Mustang since he first mentioned selling it. That's the best feeling 265hp I've ever seen.

What do all of these cars run in the 1/4?

Sacredgroove, the early C3s are the only Corvette I would consider owning again. I had a POS C4 that I was going to make into a hotrod. What a mistake. A cowl induction hood and some new interior pieces cost more than building a new engine for it. Great cars.....if you're a freakin millionaire. Anyway, beautiful car. I'm officially jealous.
On the BB powered 2nd gen Camaro, have you ever driven one? It's definitely one of those cars that you want a smallblock in unless you plan on making BIG power and you're willing to take all of the steps to put that power down to the ground. It's just a bad match for a street car in my opinion.

Here is my baby
108066543-5.jpg

iIt is a GT converted to cobra (with alot more goodies. ran a 13.2 in quarter.) it took me 6 months to totally redo outside with new ground effects, hood spoiler, light all around, and finally the grabber green color. this winter i plane on lowering, Cobra R rims, and of course putting together the BIG swap......It is will take me years to do but i want to put a V10 in it. it will be a very slow project but i think it will be worth it in the end. I LOVE modular fox body stangs!
Shep

Who had the 2nd Gen Camaro? I missed that somewhere. My dad has a resto-rod, Z28 clone of a '73. The guy we bought it from has had like 5 of em built. It puts out 415hp and is an amazing ride. 4:11 gear, traction bars, dumb @$$ didn't lock the rear end though. If the pics I had were smaller I'd put one up. Nothing near as pretty as that corvette though. Thats a dream car right there.
Mike

Back