Slip Yoke Eliminator kit.

nitpky

Hello to all, I am new to your forum and have a 1997 TJ 4.0 5 speed with a 4 inch lift running 33's. I live in Northern California and use my jeep for hunting as well as a standby daily driver. I have had the jeep for about 5 years. It has a transfer case lowering kit on the belly pan I would like to eliminate. Looking at the extreme short slip yoke eliminator and the 2 low kit from Teraflex. Also found one from Crown as a complete kit with driveline but have no idea of their quality. There are a lot of manufactures to choose from any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks. I have a rubicon express adjustable track bar front and rear. I'll have to get the upper adjustable control arms. How come one thing always leads to another. What will I need for speedo corrections?

Last edited:
I just installed the Teraflex SS SYE on my '05 TJ. It was simple enough to do it without removing the 231 from the Jeep. My biggest words of advice would be to LET THE RTV DRY BEFORE FILLING WITH ATF!!!

Lol ok I will.

I've done hundreds of SYE's and t-case rebuilds and I've never let the RTV dry before reassembly. Usually proper cleaning of the sealing surfaces and a very thin coat of RTV is all it takes.

I just installed the Teraflex SS SYE on my '05 TJ. It was simple enough to do it without removing the 231 from the Jeep. My biggest words of advice would be to LET THE RTV DRY BEFORE FILLING WITH ATF!!!

That is dependent on which type of RTV is used. Aerobic needs to dry. Anaerobic is good to go right out of the tube.

I pretty much run all of Tera-flex stuff , lift, 4:1 and there SYE. The only thing I would add is putting a little RTV on the output splines before bolting up your new yoke. I found at extreme angles a little gear case oil can leak down the splines.

Back