Snow, hail, sleet, "cold"

frhrwa

Don't know about you guys, but I'm sick and tired of SNOW every day, Hail, Sleet, cold weather.. HELL, its dang near MAY and its snowing still.. Whats up with this stupid weather.. I'm ready to blow off NE Washington.. first year I moved here, got 11' of snow, "they" tell me, oh, thats freak, just a 100 year storm.. well, the next year, got 14 1/2' of snow.. what the heck? another 100 year storm? someone is lying to someone.. I think this Couer d'Alene Spokane Newport triangle is a freaking snow belt or glacier zone.. that's all it does here.. oh, it did lightning a good one in 2009, came through my bedroom ceiling at 1:15AM, hit my ceiling fan, blew it all to H3LL all over me, set my house on fire, I had just finished building it.. so, another year of misery building it again.. and here I am back up here in this ICE BOX.. I don't like being cold.. guess its time to consider South America, Costa Rica, or some where down, way down, SOUTH..

here in utah in the wasatch mountains they averaged the snow to be over 500" but in the valleys and cities there wasn't as much. a couple years ago we got hammered but this year it snowed and all was melted by february, and any snow we got since melted that day. there were a few nights of blistering cold weather, but im ready for it to warm up already. I have plants i need to get into the ground because they are getting too big for their pots and its going to be too cold for the next few nights.

here in utah in the wasatch mountains they averaged the snow to be over 500" but in the valleys and cities there wasn't as much. a couple years ago we got hammered but this year it snowed and all was melted by february, and any snow we got since melted that day. there were a few nights of blistering cold weather, but im ready for it to warm up already. I have plants i need to get into the ground because they are getting too big for their pots and its going to be too cold for the next few nights.
I normally have half my garden out by now, just been too busy. Probably a good thing though, we had bad storms here last night, hail, bad winds and tornados in some areas. 9 Dead in Green Co. a few miles up the road. I've been looking forward to the good weather myself. We'll have a day or two that's real nice then 5 rainy days. My top is off for good till Oct, so I'm driving the toyota on the rainy days, it's a good car but it ain't me.

i guess thats the only benefit to having a fixed roof on my jeep is i can drive it in any weather condition. This is the first garden i am doing other then the ones as a kid, so i hope it goes well. mother nature needs to cooperate and im hoping this is the last of the cold until this fall/winter. thats crazy all the tornados i have been hearing about, glad you didn't get hit with them. watching the news they looked pretty bad.

When I was down in Moab over the weekend the weather was so weird. It would be like sunny and hot so i would take the top off and then out of nowhere it would start raining so we would hurry and throw the top back on. I'm pretty sure we took that thing off and on like ten times over the weekend. But you know what they say about Utah, if you don't like the weather, wait fifteen minutes. Hahaha

Don't know about you guys, but I'm sick and tired of SNOW every day, Hail, Sleet, cold weather.. HELL, its dang near MAY and its snowing still.. Whats up with this stupid weather.. I'm ready to blow off NE Washington.. first year I moved here, got 11' of snow, "they" tell me, oh, thats freak, just a 100 year storm.. well, the next year, got 14 1/2' of snow.. what the heck? another 100 year storm? someone is lying to someone.. I think this Couer d'Alene Spokane Newport triangle is a freaking snow belt or glacier zone.. that's all it does here.. oh, it did lightning a good one in 2009, came through my bedroom ceiling at 1:15AM, hit my ceiling fan, blew it all to H3LL all over me, set my house on fire, I had just finished building it.. so, another year of misery building it again.. and here I am back up here in this ICE BOX.. I don't like being cold.. guess its time to consider South America, Costa Rica, or some where down, way down, SOUTH..

North Carolina is where ya wanna be sonny! 9 months of summer!

south texas really only gets snow once every 100 years. you could come here

Sorry guys, high in the nineties right now, bikini top on year round! Just dont drive Jeep for the 3 days of winter we get each year. Would love to be in the mountains of N.C or Tenn.

hey Texas, love it down there, they told me here those snowfalls were only once in 100 years also.. New Orleans, well, I like being above sea level unless I'm in a submarine.. and the south, well, take a look at the news, man, I guess a little snow isn't bad compared to those twisters.. I drove through one back in 1970's that came in down by florida and traveled all the way up north via the blue ridge.. like to blew me off the road and the lake that was on the left, came across and made a new home on the right.. even made my front windshield leak through the seal.. guess everyone is having a touch of food poisoning weather.. had 10 tornados touch down in the city limits in Denver the first year I moved there, then around '81, it snowed so heavy, it closed the town down for 2 weeks.. moved up to San FRancisco in '76, it SNOWED.. and it stuck.. flew down to Fresno to work on a PBX, went down stairs and a tornado touched down, took the roof off, tore up the signs and a few cars.. moved up to the San Juan Islands, they had the worst winter storm in over 200 years, 180mph winds, froze the salt water around the islands, blew down trees, took out power for over a week, -50 degrees (which isn't bad for a lot of areas I understand, but.. the balmy, mild climate San Juan Islands doesn't do that normally).. what's the name of that cartoon character that carries the blanket and has the cloud over his head? must be me.. oh, and finished my house one day, lightning took it down the next.. anyone have any enemies they'd like to pour down some really bad weather on? I'll go visit for a week or two..

i guess thats the only benefit to having a fixed roof on my jeep is i can drive it in any weather condition. This is the first garden i am doing other then the ones as a kid, so i hope it goes well. mother nature needs to cooperate and im hoping this is the last of the cold until this fall/winter. thats crazy all the tornados i have been hearing about, glad you didn't get hit with them. watching the news they looked pretty bad.
About 5 year ago I put out the first garden since I helped my dad with one when I was a kid, he passed away when I was 10. I hated it when I was a kid, dad loved it. He had farmed most of his life. Now I really enjoy it, I guess I see what he saw in it. Brings back alota memories. Gotta have my home grown veggies, you can't buy 'em as good as you can grow 'em! You need to get into canning too, I like eating the good stuff all winter.

Sorry guys, high in the nineties right now, bikini top on year round! Just dont drive Jeep for the 3 days of winter we get each year. Would love to be in the mountains of N.C or Tenn.
I worked with a guy from Florida, from what he told me about it I'd love to check it out. Been wanting to go to bike week for years, just never made it.

frhrwa said:

REALLY!! I envy you sooooo much. It reached 100 here over a month ago. Its gonna be 120 by July easily. Count your blessings. You can always put more on but naked is considered "inappropriate".

Lived in VA for years. In north Idaho now and I can tell you its worth all the suck azz winter weather for the summers we have here. No humidity and so many things do that its hard to make your mind up. No chiggers, fleas or ticks. At least I haven't found any on the dogs. Mountains are full of wild game and the streams are full of native trout. Salmon and steelhead runs. I can go out any day of the year and see half a dozen eagles and as high as 100 when the salmon spawn. I honestly have not seen a muddy creek or river since I have been here. I will take the cold over the heat any day.

Back