Snow Wheelin'

cewtwo

Well, we did not go snow bashin'. We went snow wheelin'!

IMG_5231-1.jpg

IMG_5240-1.jpg

IMG_5232-1.jpg

IMG_5234-1.jpg

Saturday morning was very cold. Thought about going up to Slaughterhouse Gulch, but it didn't start to get warm until late afternoon.

Sunday was a definite go. We got loaded (no, no - the jeep!) and headed out US285 toward Bailey. The Slaughterhouse Gulch trail is 45 miles from the house.

I know, I know. Shouldn't go alone. The people we were going with bowed out at the last moment. We did the entire loop with almost no problems. At one point, The Mighty YJ decided that a particular tree looked kissable. I was able to dissuade that affection by backing up, slight turn back to the trail, backing up, slight turn back into the trail, etc. The rest of the trail was without incident. At times, forward progress was measured by less than an inch at a time, but aren't lockers wonderful!

We saw one other Jeep on the trail. They were taking the loop the opposite that we had gone. There were a few in the Jeep and we knew when when we found the Ford Bronco (without lockers) up by the second cattle guard.

We were delayed heading down. There were three vehicles heading up the mountain. They were within 200 feet from the top when they decided to turn around. At least they knew to turn around. Tough part was that they had to back down...

Most parts of the trail were very tippy. It was fun, though!

Awesome! I grew up in Bailey (parents still live there) spent a lot of time wheelin' there and at crow's gulch. I had a friend who put his XJ on its side.

Great Pictures! I wished we would get snow like that around here, but it never happens.

I'm still Wishing it would snow here. but then again, if it does, my wife would want to move.sissy!.ooops, did i say that out loud?. my bad.

Back