So , my power steering pulley flew off today

rokes

what's up guys , new to Jeeps and even newer to this forum . recently got me a 98 Grand Cherokee and am loving it besides the fact i just bought it a week ago and already have spent almost $300 in repairs on it , i love the way it drives and feels when 4 wheeling or not , so am willing to make these sacrifices now . 1st day i had it , radiator gave out so changed it along with all the hoses , good deal and it stopped overheating ( not from me , but apparently previous owner never really took care of it much ) . less then a week later , today in fact 11/2/08 , started it up , after i had just did my good deed for the day and picked up some buddies off the side of the road and towed their car after it broke down , i start it up and hear a cracking noise under the hood after barely moving 5 feet from where i started it , i find my power steering pump pulley on the ground , look under the hood to see it completely broke off and left the serpentine belt hanging so now i'm the one who needs a tow .

will be changing it tomorrow the 3rd so hopefully get everything running smooth . will be giving her a tune up kit as well soon , since i'm positive the previous owner hasn't done it in a while .

just wanted to share my bad experiences of becoming a jeep owner , hopefully it doesn't get any worse , since like i mentioned above , i really love this thing and hope it keeps going .

Back