Soft top care

xt master

I was wondering what I should use to clean the soft top. Especially the Windows. So far I have only used water with very little soap on the Windows wasn't sure If there was any good products out there to help preserve them.

Automotive car wash soap is fine. On the plastic windows, never wipe them off dry if you can avoid it. Outside, rinse the window to remove dust and grit, inside gently brush the windows with a soft rag. Always wipe in the same direction, up down or left right, never circular so as to avoids swirls that reflect light. On the canvas, use a brush and car wash soap and rinse well. There are a couple of purpose made top dressings...I have never used any and my top is 14 years old, but it is garage parked.

I've used a number of the window polishers, and none of them really do much for the windows.
I've found that I can get pretty aggressive on the canvas part (brush, pressure washer, etc), but if I look at the window the wrong way it will scratch.

Don't roll up the windows, they'll scratch. Buy one of these for when they are out:
https://www.amazon.com/Rampage-Jeep...55019&sr=8-5&keywords=wrangler+window+storage

I used to use lemon pledge on my old CJ softtop windows. Seemed OK, and made it smell nice. I haven't tried it on my TJ though.

Back