Soft top door surround questions

joeylead

I am in the market for a complete soft top since all I have is a hard top on my tj. My question is about the door surrounds. Are the factory plastic surrounds much better than the style with the metal bars the windows wrap around like n a rampage top or super top?I am wondering because I can get a new top with the metal door surrounds for the price of a used factory top. I am concerned with water eating into the cab, but I will not be using the top a few months a year.

Anyone have any input or at least personal experience with tops that don't use the factory style door surrounds?

Factory surrounds make a good tight seal for the door. From what I've seen of other aftermarket they are not as good. Buy Bestop!

What about the supertop or rampage complete kit surrounds? They are just metal bars that the Windows velcrow around. I was concerned about leakage. My yj was designed like that and it was hard to keep it dry inside

I have a bestop frameless it came with door surrounds. They are awesome. No leakage and muffles outdoor noise on the freeway.

image-3539577617.jpg

They clamp on the top to the roll bar and pops into the tub behind the door.

The main reason I was leaning towards a stock style top was that I want something where I can filf back the top and go topless easily. I like the frameless tops, the trektop nx being my favorite but from what I can tell, they are awesome for safari mode but more complicated to have the top down or off. But they do use factory style door surrounds as well.

My frameless bestop has a sunrider mode and removing the side panels are very easy. Of course if you want the whole topless look/feel, then yes it may not be very suitable for you.

I don't think it's to bad to topless it's only held on by a header and four straps two in the middle by the speakers and two in the very back... I don't think you would regret the trektop I love it ad the sunrider is a awesome feature as well.

Attachments

• image-664148745.jpg
    image-664148745.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 1,101
  • image-4101888616.jpg
    image-4101888616.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 1,098
Back