soft top smells

Sblanck

Howdy

So my soft top usually reeks of locker room smell after a good rain and a nice humid day. Its in good condition no rips or tears. Any ideas or solutions to kill the smell.

soft tops are just gonna do that. they may be waterproof but not air tight. In a humid climate they will condensate just like anything else, and anything staying damp for days will start to have an odor. Try the Febreeze as mentioned before or another idea I have is to use some of those scented dryer sheets like you use in the laundry and stuff some over your sun visors and put some between the roll bar and the soft top. That should make it smell fresh. I usually stuff a few of those dryer sheets under the seats as well in my vehicles. Keeps the inside smelling really fresh. Also if you don't want to mess with lowering the whole top, just unzip the windows and drive around safari style after its been closed up for a while. I usually do this in the Fall when its too cold to put the top down. That way I can run the heater and keep my feet warm and air out the inside at the same time. 8)

Back