some stuff under the hood is not connected

superj

and i have a nagging feeling they should be connected.

the first one is that vacuum cannister that is under the battery. what hooks to the larger line and where does the small line go to? i have two vacuum cannisters on this jeep and the other one is hooked up to cruise control (which worked till i screwed around with the vacuum lines)

20110116112044-1.jpg

this is the one under the battery.

what do these little motor things on the firewall go to? they are now not hooked up after following a vacuum diagram to get the 4wd working right.
20110116111959-1.jpg

the f4wd works fine now, even the light turns on but these lines are no longer connected.

and, i semi found out why my heater won't switch between floor and defrost. i looked up behind the ac to the mechanical control that actually moves the door between the two and its not moving when i move the lever on hvac panel so since i can physically move it by pushing that part on the plenum, i think the connection on the back of the hvac panel is not hooked up anymore or is broken. not a huge problem because it didn't bother me having only defroster but now that i know i can just reach under the ac and push that piece on the plenum, i will be more interested in actually fixing the controls to work properly.

its supposed to have a 4.2 but i was told the motor was swapped to a 4.0 from a 99 cherokee. all i know is when i got it, it did have some cherokee sending units that i had to swap to get the gages working and the weber was not set up right.

If it is like my cherokee, that vacuum bulb controls the heat. One side to the motor, the other side to the heater control switch.

i have heat in the cabin and the control on the door is mechanical. i know there is a line that goes into the firewall that is a vacuum line and i hooked it up to match the wife's 93 wrangler (its the only line that is the same between the two years)

your right, i know when i used to change settings on the cherokee i could hear the sound of air moving everything. i don't think this wrangler is like that though

Back