sorry another brake ????

blkrubi88

Started back in June when I replaced brake pads on all 4 corners. I put semi-metallic on the front but did'nt have the rotors turned, they looked to be in good shape. Well after about 3 weeks they started squealing real loud, so I took them off and cleaned and applied de-squeal. Same thing after about 2 weeks! I then took the semi-metallic pads off, had the rotors turned and put ceramic back on. It was better, this time made it for about 2 months before the squealing began! I have tried shims & no shims,
it does'nt seem to help either way. What do I need to do to get rid of the very loud squealing? Someone told me the only way to fix problem was to use factory replacement pads. I have changed brakes my wifes liberty
without any problems before, so I don't think that is true! They sound like they are worn out! Thanks for any tips!

I use hawk pads on Brembo rotors with no squiling...

When brake pads squeeeeel most of the time it is due to the vibration/loosness between backing of the pad and the caliper which transfers to the pad/rotor surface. After working in shops and dealers, using factory pads and the cheapest pads we never had problems (unless extreme cases) w/squeeeels. You have to have a shim in place (it works as a dampner), the trick we have always used was a bead of black RTV silicone on the shim between caliper and pad, let it skin for about 5 minutes and then install. Foriegn, domestic, fleet vehicles- Factory pads or $12 AutoZone Specials, no problems.

Give it a try.

Back