Spark Plug Question?

Jambo21

I just had a the engine rebuilt on my 82 Jeep CJ7 with a 258. The head was cracked and they found a new one (I am am not sure what year Jeep the head came off of). Long story short.., I went to put the plugs in today and the threaded portion of the plug was too small. Do you know of any compatable heads for the 258 than would have bigger spark plugs? :???:

I would just take the spark plug to a local parts store and give them the application for your Jeep. From there, tell then you need the 5/8 version of that plug and ask them what year that application is for.

I tried several times to go to different Auto parts stores and they were all not very helpful. The problem was that most reputable auto parts stores are not open on the weekends. I originally got the identicle plugs that were already in it but they swapped the head out on the rebuild (mine was cracked) and now I don't know where the head came from. I plan on calling the shop that rebuilt the engine tomorrow and finding out the specifics on the head. I was hopnig to get an answer so I could get my jeep running and show ot some love. I guess there is always tomorrow.

Try the Champion 82 sparkplug. I was informed that it is the OEM plugs for that and it's the 5/8 "plug instead of the 13/16".

Back