Spend or save??

Heep72

With all of the lay-offs and general economic woes, I am wondering how everyone is doing in the "spend or save" department. I keep getting the new parts catalogs and drooling over all the goodies, but I am torn. Let me know if you are spending like there is no tomorrow fixing up the rig, or if you are taking it easy for awhile.

I paid rent on the 5th and have 4 dollars and enough gas to last me till Friday(payday!!!):D

Being a poor college student is one hell of a life with the only plus side being the minimal affect from the economy. Ramen is ramen either way.

I been spending ,like mad to try and help the economy.Only down side it has been on the house and not the jeep.

been doing meatloaf and jenga thing...I am glad another quadratec summer catalog came in the mail...might save enough of them to heat the house this winter.

I wanted to buy a new tub . . .instead had to buy bits and pieces, fender here, floorpan there, have my motor & transmission, now gotta wait to buy adapter, radiater, etc., I just want to keep going but my sorry budget won't allow it. It may take years to complete this little 3B and I still got two more Willys' stacked up behind it.:(

Anybody wanna give me a loan even though I have a P'poor, sorry credit rating?:cry: (and no job)

Tax and spend!

sorry, I couldn't resist. We're doing ok, but with a baby coming any day now I think things are gonna change real fast. I'm trying to buy all my jeep stuff now.

I cut down on spending a bit. I'm real choosey what I buy, so half my list is put on hold. Spending less on gas to have more mods. Now-a-days I'm selling jeep parts on Craigs List to make some cash so I can buy more!!! LOL Been thinking about when the jeep will be finished. Came to the conclusion that it will NEVER be finished. So, I'm in for the long haul. Gonna add to the jeep till I die. Just working harder to get this stuff!

If the jeeps need it they get it...if not, my wallet won't open again till something breaks and I'm sure that won't take too long.

I've been saving for new 4.88 gears since December......... still dont have them..... haha would be cheaper if i didnt have to buy a new carrier too, might just buy a locker instead

I've spent money on my jeep this year like its goin out of style. Spent thousands trying to get it rebuilt only to tear it down to the frame when it was almost "done". Now i get to put a few more thousand in it.

i am not buying frills of any sort so i can get my willys as restored as i am ever going to be able to afford.

next item?
overdrive!

I'm lucky, my income hasn't changed and my job is secure. Retirement lost a bunch though. I made a great deal on 5 alloy wheels and Eagle Claw tires for $350, and got a hard top for $500, so that helped the Jeep budget. I could use a new soft top by next summer and will need a muffler before that. Otherwise, it's going to be preventive maintenance and necessary fixes. If more "deals" come along, I hope to have the cash to grab them.

I've spent so much money in the past....but with the economy I've decided I really should take it easy. Maybe I'll save for a while...then spend it all on my ride.

I dunno why. I know I should be saving up but I keep ending up spending. But I've begun to be like Tommy. Unless its for something important, I won't break the piggy bank.

I haven't cut down in the spending department at all recently. If anything I have a better job now than I did before, so it really hasn't affected me directly at all.

I was saving.. now I am spending.

Obama's president now, he is the second coming of christ, he'll solve all my problems

Back