Steering column reassembly

dudster

I have a 94 Cherokee Sport without the airbag. A couple of weeks ago I had to remove the steering wheel and parts to replace the key lock and cylinder. Ended up I had to order the part and am just now getting around to put it back together. I remember where everything goes back except for a small spring with a aluminum looking cylinder that fits inside of it. I don't remember where they go, I can't find a hole for it. And wouldn't you know it that shitty Haynes manual does not show this information for my year of Jeep, only 95 and above. Can someone help?

Why did I loose all of my posts?

The spring your talking about sounds like the contact spring for the horn. I´m working off of info for an earlier model XJ. But there is a plastic ring with a brass contact strip, held down with three insulated screws. The sleeve and spring go under the contact (slip) ring, with the contact pointing out. Should be a wire going to the hole where the spring and sleeve/contact go into, under the slip ring, so you can turn the wheel and have constant contact for the horn button.

Back