stock shackle specs?

woodie92

:?| my 92 was bought lifted.... i'm assuming 4" lift because i have no problem w 33's.... however i'm considering going with lifted shackles to clear 35 or 36 12.50's. can any one helpin determining if i currently have lift shackles...... thought i'd start w stocksize just don't know what that is.... thnks chad p0p was looking at tereflex on 4 banger.com....anyone know price? bet they'r out of my current price range

ok i measured center to center of bolt holes....front is 4" and tghe rears are 3" does this help? not sure what i have, but there is no cross bar! i'm gonna buy new ones just trying to figure how much lift i can get before having to go to body lift.... tghanks chad

Last edited:

If they're black stamped steel about 3/16" thick you have stock ones. Anything else is aftermarket. They're usually 1/4" flat bar or thicker if they're aftermarket.

Shackles are not a very good method of lift. They have a bad affect on pinion angles and caster angle, they lift only half of the difference in shackle length, and the decrease approach and departure angles.

Consider installing TJ fender flares and maybe a 1" body lift for 35" and 36" tires.

Stock shackles are generally 4" hole to hole and look like the pic below.
WAR115shackleplate-1.jpg

Shackles are not a very good method of lift. They have a bad affect on pinion angles and caster angle, they lift only half of the difference in shackle length, and the decrease approach and departure angles.

Consider installing TJ fender flares and maybe a 1" body lift for 35" and 36" tires.

Stock shackles are generally 4" hole to hole and look like the pic below.
WAR115shackleplate-1.jpg

yeah thats them.... thaks u always awnser... greatly appreciated
:mrgreen:

Back