Stolen Wrangler Door

Jetski180

This weekend parked infront of my girlfriends apartment complex Saturday night someone stole my passenger side full door off of my 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport. If anyone has any ideas how to keep this from happening again please let me know. Thanks for your help.

Did they pick or break the lock to get the door open or was it unlocked?

Bassturds! Sorry to hear about that. Them doors aint cheep.

They do make locks for the doors.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/11150_01.htm
p531-3.jpg

They're not real purty but I guess they'd work.

Thanks for your suggestions, my Jeep was unlocked, I keep it that way so people do not cut the top. At least they didn't steel anything else. It looks like it is going to cost my insurance company $2000 or more.

Jeff

Wow, that sucks! I used to always be worried someone was going to steal my doors. I never put the nuts on the hinges, so all you had to do is lift the door up and it was off.

And, thanks to my friends, just about everyday when I was in highschool my doors would be somewhere besides where they were supposed to be on my Jeep. It would suck when I'd be walking down the halls and there would be one of my doors just sitting there. Or I'd see it in another class room...or some other odd place.

88Wrangles said:
Wow, that sucks! I used to always be worried someone was going to steal my doors. I never put the nuts on the hinges, so all you had to do is lift the door up and it was off.

And, thanks to my friends, just about everyday when I was in highschool my doors would be somewhere besides where they were supposed to be on my Jeep. It would suck when I'd be walking down the halls and there would be one of my doors just sitting there. Or I'd see it in another class room...or some other odd place.

I never had anyone totally take my doors, but I have had people take them and switch them to opposite sides, its kinda funny.

Hey man, I feel for you. Last summer I walked out to my car to find both full doors stolen.

My doors were locked at the time, so to make matters worce, they cut, no, RIPPED my passanger side of the soft top off as well as cut a hole in the rear window above the lock (i guess they thought they could unlock it from back there)

So I feel for you. I had to replace both full doors as well as a brand new soft top. A lot of money in damage and issurance wasnt going to pay. Over $2000 in damage. But hey, now she looks good lol. Got a pair of 2005 full doors with the nice new side mirrors and a Bestop Black & Tinted softop to better match the color sheme of the Jeep.

After all was said and done, I bought those Tuffy door locks as well as the engine locks. They both work pretty good. I HIGHLY recommend spending the few buck on 'em in the future.

Sorry to hear about the incedent. Some people are *******s...

-Rob

Back