Stroker Build

The 360 is an AMC V8. They weren't available in the SWB, those only got a 304. The AMC 360 was available in SJs from the early 70s until they quit making them, so it's got plenty of history between Jeep fenders. I'm all about keeping them "all Jeep" too.

As far as the AMC being easier to install than the Chevy, it has the same transmission bolt pattern as the AMC/Jeep six cylinders. The AMC V8 was factory installed in CJs. I was actually referring to CJs when I spoke of them being so much easier to install, but the bolt pattern thing applies to any vehicle with an AMC six. As far as comparing the AMC engine to the Chevy engine, well because of aftermarket support the Chevy will always win.

Car Craft just built a 360 for their Rambler project that made 480hp. Anyone who is running an AMC V8 should check it out. They used aftermarket heads, but other than that it was a fairly common AMC build. You can get 400 easy horsepower with the factory heads.

Junkpile said:
As far as comparing the AMC engine to the Chevy engine, well because of aftermarket support the Chevy will always win.

No doubt there. SBC motors are by far the most cost efficient motors to use in mostly any V8 application

Back