Stupid Move While Installing Tuffy Expandable Storage Box

montana_jeepn

I've learned tons of things by asking questions and reading this board, so I thought I would share a stupid mistake I made tonight.

I have had this Tuffy Security box sitting next to my couch forever (turned out to be a great drink holder) and since the gf was out of town and having some spare time, I decided to install it finally. Well I measured, remeasured, and then one more time. Then I drilled my four holes (without hitting the tank or any wires, thank you :) ) inserted my bolts, verified the rear seat would fold back, and the tailgate would close, then tightened everything down. Everything was going perfect! Then I did it, I went to expand my box, but then decided to go ahead and re-install my K&N Cone filter I just recharged (it had been about 20 min since I spayed it). After coming back, for some reason, I decided to put my seat back down and lock it in place. It seemed to fit awful tight, but it didn't dawn on me until I went to release it and heard a little bit of binding metal.

Anyways, to make a long story short, I hadn't closed the Tuff box all the way before lowering the rear seat. Well I bent it and now it wont close. It got dark so I figure I will take another look at it in the morning, but I thought I would share an embarrassing moment. I know it seems simple, but maybe I can save someone else from bending theirs.

M_J

door surrounds for 1997 to 2004 Jeep wranglers

M_J thanks for the shareing of the opppps! Remember the only folks who never make mistakes are the folks that never do anything! Hope it all works out for you. tug

Back