suspension add ons and other stuff for a yj

marc

Hello folks its been a while, and most of you prob dont remeber but about 3/4 months ago I installed a JKS telescoping trac bar on the front 91 yj well it helped but not enough to pay for its self ($200.) untill now I also recently purchased the JKS sway bar quick disconects, and I must say they are awsome but very difficult to put back together, I did however get some pretty extreme flex out of my stock leaf springs I cant give you the exact angle and all that stuff but I can put my front tires up on a approx 3ft high rock and still have all four on the floor, but I must warn you if you have bad bump stops prepare for some serous noise/damage because your wheels only go up about 8 inches before they hit the stops, and I have a 1 1/2 inch body lift with 31 10.50 MTR,s and they were pushed up rubbing on the fender and flares pretty bad, also I am looking into the teraflex revolving shackles they say that they will give you and extra 9 inches of droop to your springs so if anyone has those or seen them in action please let me know before I spend $184.00 a set for them.

Another thing I did recently was a cat back exhaust the cheap way, I went and bought a cherry bomb for around $20.00 and a tail pipe $18.00 from my local autoparts store, according to the G-tech pro I got a 9hp gain just from that, I sounds just as good as my freinds Gibson cat back that he bought and a whole lot cheaper my gains werent as good as his I think he got somewhere around 12hp but it doesnt bother me as bad when I drag it off over a stump for the simple fact that it was so cheap. The reason why I think his gets a better gain it because his tail pipe is mendrel bent and the one that I purchased was bent the standard way with wrinkles and creases but owell.

Also does anyone in the Hampton roads Virgina area want a hard top, I have on for sale cheap, all it needs is paint the paint that is on it has turned dull becasue its fiberglass, I will sale the top and the doors for $450.00 or best offer, I was gonna put it on e-bay but that is too much of a hassle. Hampton roads is not far from OBX North Carolina and about 100 miles from Richmond but I am not sure

thanks

Marc

[addsig]

dude, cut it short. we see that big post and move on to the next one. sorry.

image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back