Temp gauge not working??

cheech66

need your help
confused-1.gif
all the sudden my temp gauge is not going up or anywhere the heat is working and the engine does not seem to be runnin hot but I feel uncomfortable not havin the temp gauge workin??? anyone had this problem? tks in advance for any help here

was told to ground the wires for the gauge and see if it maxs out if so it is the sending unit however I don't even know where to look or start it is an lj 06 tks with anyhelp here!!!

The sending unit( Temp sensor) is on the thermostat housing where the upper radiator hose connects to the engine block.

tks steel for the help
so i replaced the engine coolant temp. sensor and my temp gauge is workin!! however now my obd engine and trans light is not going off any thoughts here and suggestions on how to get the light to go out do i need to have the computer reset or could there be somethin else goin on??? tks in advance!!

tks steel for the help
so i replaced the engine coolant temp. sensor and my temp gauge is workin!! however now my obd engine and trans light is not going off any thoughts here and suggestions on how to get the light to go out do i need to have the computer reset or could there be somethin else goin on??? tks in advance!!

someone suggested doin this: You can reset the computer by disconnecting both battery cables and touching the disconnected cables together for a couple seconds. Reconnect everything and fire it up. You may have to give it some gas (pedal) to get it started, and it may idle erratically for a bit, as the computer may have to re-learn the various sensor parameters.[/QUOTE]

I Don't know any better but couldn't this harm the computer using this method don't want to screw the computer up just to get a lite on the dash to go out I seriously do not know anything on this so a little timid I guess???:???:

That method is safe however, wait at least 5 mins before you short out the positive to the negative cables after disconnecting them from the battery. remember, the air bag system has a capacitor that needs to discharge at a normal rate. If the cables are shorted prior to it's normal discharge, it may damage the airbag controller module.

That method is safe however, wait at least 5 mins before you short out the positive to the negative cables after disconnecting them from the battery. remember, the air bag system has a capacitor that needs to discharge at a normal rate. If the cables are shorted prior to it's normal discharge, it may damage the airbag controller module.

good point tks steel!!

Back