terra flex revolver shackles

marc

Has anyone seen these in action or have them there kinda expinseve 186 and axle let me know

thanks

marc[addsig]

I have them in my 93 YJ. They're pretty good if you don't want a huge lift and want lots of suspension travel. There's a lot more involved than just installing the shackles. You have to get longer brake lines or move them if you can. Your traction bars both front and rear (front mostley) will limit your suspension travel so to get full use of the shackles you will either have to remove your trac bars or get telescoping ones. You definetly will need to either remove or or get a sway bar with disconnects if you want any use at all of the shackles in the front. Depending on the size of your lift you will need a slip yoke eliminator kit (when you do this replace your drive shaft and use cv joints). If you don't get a slip yoke eliminator kit you could possibly pull out your driveshaft at full droop of your suspension and your drive shaft will bind up because of the extreme angle on it. I only have a 2 1/2 inch spring lift so I can get away without the slipe yoke eliminator kit but the driveshaft does bind at full droop of the rear suspension. If you have a small lift like mine, go with shocks a little longer than made for that size of lift or they will be too short and limit your suspensions travel in the front. The shocks made for my 2 1/2 inch lift were fine in the rear (I get full use of the shackles) but the front were too short. I went with shocks made for a 4 inch lift in the front and they are fine for both the upward and downward travel of the suspension. The front tires will still go right up into the wheelwells. After all of this is done they work really well. I went with them because I wanted to fit my jeep into my underground parking and still get a lot of suspension travel. The shackles will lift your jeep about 3/4 of an inch. Anymore questions, just ask. [addsig]

Hello Craig, I have heard from people on how great the flex is on the revolvers shackles... what I really need to know , is if they are tough .... They look great, have a pretty good price tag , but will they stand up to some ... abuse..? [addsig]

I've only had'em about a year but so far so good. When I go wheelin, I'm pretty hard on my jeep (actually I beat the hell out of it) and haven't had any problems with them. One good thing about the revolvers is that they don't hang as low as normal lift shackles so you don't ram them into everything. I've smashed them off rocks and they're still working fine. The only thing I'm worried about with these is the ceramic that is on them. The shackles have some kind of ceramic that they rest on when in the folded position... I'm guessing for dampening...but it is removeable so I'm guessing you can order new ones. The ceramic looks easy fabricate yourself. The shackles also come with a grease nipple...I usually regrease them after I go wheelin.[addsig]

I haven't noticed any difference in handling on the street at all. The only thing that could possibly happen is if you don't have your sway bar in or it is disconnected and you take a corner too fast, the shackles could open up. When I first installed the shackles, I drove around a parking lot without the sway bar and took some sharp corners at a fast speed just to test them out and couldn't get them to open up. I think mabye at highway speeds on a windey road, they could open. Just make sure your sway bar is connected and you won't have a problem. [addsig]

Back