The covered Bridge in Jerrico Md is Haunted (I'm scared)

TwistedTJ

If you arent fimular with this bridge heres some info from maryland ghost : Location: (Jerusalem Covered Bridge)
Ghost Name(s):
Description: This bridge is known as the Jerusalem Covered Bridge, the Joppa Old Wooden Bridge and the Jerrico Covered Bridge. The Bridge crosses the Gunpowder Falls. The directions to get to the bridge are take RT 1 north to Kingsville, turn right on Jerusalem Road and then cross Gunpowder Falls and then turn right onto Jericho Road. The bridge was built between 1850 and 1860. The bridge had to be rebuilt in 1970 because it was in bad condition. This bridge has a history of being haunted and a rich history from our past. The bridge is haunted by a number of different ghost. Run away slaves used to be hung from the rafters of this bridge and their ghostly spirits still haunt the area. People driving up to the bridge have seen bodies hanging from the rafters. There is an old woman who also haunts this bridge. People reporting seeing a ghostly apparition of an old lady, who is carrying a basket walking on this bridge around midnight. People reported that when they start approaches the old lady they get a warm feeling and they have the need to talk to the old lady. People like the feeling that they get when they see the old woman. When they try to approach the lady to talk with her she just disappears right in front of their faces. There is another story about a young girls who haunts this bridge and this story goes back a hundred years. A man was going to market with his wares and he had his young daughter traveling with him. They were traveling in a covered wagon. It was night time and the young girls was asleep in back of the wagon. The father left a lantern burning for the young girl so that she would not be afraid When the wagon when over the wooded covered bridge, the lantern fell over. The little girls clothes caught on fire and she burned to death. This story is very old and no one can trace the history. The legend says that people etched the little girl=s face on the bridge to remember her. The proof of this story was taken down with the old bridge. The bridge had to be rebuild and the little girl picture was taken down with the old bridge. The little girl ghostly apparition has been seen on the bridge and people have capture her face

Well last night my buddy and I went there and it was 19 degrees out side we walked upto the bridge and had to take off our coats cause it was really hot around the bridge ....... Well tonight we went with a few frineds my friend felt a negative feeling so she stayed in teh car 300 ft away from the bridge and jess stayed with her in teh car well . My buddy and I got out and walked to the bridge and I saw a ghost of and old woman nexto him then it appearned nexto me ........ At this point i was like HOLY$#!T and ran to the car with my buddy and our frined were backing the car us leaving us I was like WTF well we got in the car and asked why they were backing up they said tehy saw a ghost follow us around in the bridge and comming back towards the car

Christian and Steve Whos UP for A Trip to that Bridge With Our Rigs we can Light that Area Up I think my 4 Daylighters will Light up good steve your Hella's and christians 6 Lights should be sufficant

creepy..i really want to go and see that! oh man..i love that crap..being scared...i gotta find a bridge or place like that near me! got a picture of the bridge?

Oh it is freaky when you turn on the road you can jsut fell something and on this road all the homes are old slave bording houses

I lived in a haunted house in college. It was very freaky. We had a ton of things happen...Little girls singing in the night and then screaming, I saw a reflection of her rocking in a chair in an upstairs bedroom, a broom fell over in the kitchen and started spinning on the floor, lots of echoing, the light in the upstairs room where the girl was seen came on every night when noone was up in the room. Very very freaky stuff. I was never a fan of being in that house by myself.

When the wife lived at home, their house was haunted. What they would do is leave a glass of water on the counter, in the morning it would be in the middle of the floor upside down and the water would be all over the wall. She has told me other stories about that house. living here in the northeast, living in a house that is a couple hundred years old is prety common. I think the chimney stone on that house says 184?.

I want to go to this bridge, I am so interested in this stuff.

Another one is, there is a island in Boston Harbor named Georges Island, and has a old civil war base on it, it is haunted by the "woman in black" I will look for a good link.

funky gauges

Well now I guess its a good thing :mrgreen: that other people have experienced ghost and I'm not nutcase

Ya'LL would trip out around where I live. > We have entire haunted areas. lol

One is called the Cypress Swamps, there is a tree there that was a hanging tree (suppposedly). >It is a big mulitbranched tree, and it has red markes on the trunk. > I hate it. This is where my jeep got stuck in the dark during hurricane isabel. I had to walk that swamp with my cellphone backlight. By that tree, I thought I would die!

We have another called the Pocomoke Haunted forest, its full of cemetaries, witch houses with dead people in it, bridges, and whatnots. < There are so many stories of that around there.

We gots haunted churchs too, if that is your thing. Floating bibles and candles. lol

Come on down to the eastern shore, makes for intersting night riding, thats for sure! I grew up with it so I'm cool for riding in that mess.

Lady :lol:

Right now theres a show on the History channel about ghosts of Gettysburg.

im down...i got my daylighetrs too! we'll light that ghost up so bad she'll think its new years :lol: HAHAHAHA for real though gimme a call soemtime tonight or tomorrow 410-272-3562

I grew up in northern Baltimore county. I used to go there every year at haloween. Was a lot of fun and spooky but I never saw a ghost. :(

phatyaspen said:
im down...i got my daylighetrs too! we'll light that ghost up so bad she'll think its new years :lol: HAHAHAHA for real though gimme a call soemtime tonight or tomorrow 410-272-3562

Steve I'll call ya tommorrow prob around 9:30-10pm after Liisa gets off work

We dont have any haunted area's around here.....closest ghost spot is the ghost towns out in the desert.I love getting my heart pumped, nights spent walking in the brush is perdy good way.especialy when you stop and here brush breaking behind you! :shock:

We used to go to the covered bridge a couple (ahem) years back. I never really had any "ghost encounters" until one night Me and a buddy took our girlfriends there and my buddies girlfriend started busting on how lame it was and that there were no such things as ghosts. Seconds later we heard a child screaming, and I mean screaming like in agony - like nothing I had ever heard before. It was so loud it sounded like he/she was in the car. I have to admit it freaked me out. We tore off outta there with my old Chevy's tires doing some screaming of their own! :shock: I can't say I ever saw anything that time either, but we didn't stick around very long. You guys have fun, just don't add to any of the history there! :wink:

Carol Ann, Carol Ann! Don't go into the light! :lol:

Back