The JK grew up a little this weekend

southtj

This weekend, after two and a half years, I finally got around to having a lift installed and got new wheels and tires. The lift is a Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit with springs. Tires are GY Duratrac 285\70R17 and the wheels are AEV Pintlers. I had read that the ride may be a little rougher but honestly I think it's a little softer. It feels good.
IMG_3265.JPGIMG_3262.JPG

Now to sell the old Rubicon wheels and tires. Any idea how much I could get for them? The tires have about 18,000 miles on them.

Thanks guys. Hopefully I can get more than that since these are the newer style Rubicon wheels. I've seen people asking over 1000 for the wheels and tires but not sure what they are actually selling for. But those are usually 0 miles on them. I guess I'll just throw them up on CL and see if I get any bites.

00606_hDOyyzbwVQj_600x450.jpg

I put them on CL on Saturday for $800 and sold them yesterday for $800 with no haggling at all. I guess I should have asked more. I sold them to a guy with a stock 07 JKU. He had his spare stolen off the Jeep and he was about to have to buy new tires so he got a pretty good deal. Cheaper than 5 new tires and a new wheel.

Back