The OFFICIAL Random thread

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Politics I supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. -Ronald Reagan

It is not possible that any State should long remain free, where Virtue is not supremely honored. –Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?...I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" --Patrick Henry

Absolute power corrupts even when exercised for humane purposes. The benevolent despot who sees himself as a shepherd of the people still demands from others the submissiveness of sheep. - Eric Hoffer

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. - Thomas Jefferson

If we truly cared about our children and future generations, instead of demagoging about them, we'd worry more about saving liberty than saving Social Security. - Walter Williams

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." - Thomas Jefferson, Nov. 13, 1787

Within our own borders we possess all the means of sustenance, defense, and commerce; at the same time, these advantages are so distributed among the different States of this continent, as if nature had in view to proclaim to us: Be united among yourselves and you will want nothing from the rest of the world. - Samuel Adams, "American Independence," 1 August 1776

The US Constitution does not guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

"A statesman is a dead politician. We need more statesmen." - Will Rogers

Two guys are driving down the road drinking beer in their truck.
Police stop them, the driver removes the label from his bottle and places it on his forhead.
The cop ask the driver, are you drinking and driving?
The driver points to his forehead and says, Nope, I'm on the patch.

The sheep don't like it,

Stop the catbox, Stop the catbox.

Wait a minute...
Is it: "Stop the catbox?" Yeah... Stop the catbox!

If you want to make a whole bunch of people get quiet, and start thinking, here's what you do...

Walk up to 'em, and say "It's at least twenty-seven, but no more than three."

I came up with this out of the blue several years back... I don't know why, but that combination of words makes you start thinking.

:twisted:

I've never understood the term: "Talking behind my back." If they truly were behind my back, they'd be talking in front of me. So, to accomplish the intent of the phrase, it should actually read: "Talking in front of my back."

....Did you hear that? My alarm just went on.

Why do you park in a driveway, but drive on a parkway?

If it's a pair of pants, should there not be two of them?

Same goes for underwear. I mean, you get 2 socks with a pair... What's the deal?

More Cowbell!

image-missing.png

Back