The OFFICIAL Random thread

Scenes from my desk part the third. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• desktop3b.jpg
    desktop3b.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 158

I've placed the order and by the end of next week I'll be riding on carbon goodness. Oh yeah. 8) It was tough to convince the wife that I needed a fourth bike but I finally succeeded.

If anyone asks how many bikes I really need, the answer is always one more.

Attachments

• feltz35.jpg
    feltz35.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 435
I've placed the order and by the end of next week I'll be riding on carbon goodness. Oh yeah. 8) It was tough to convince the wife that I needed a fourth bike but I finally succeeded.

If anyone asks how many bikes I really need, the answer is always one more.

If you ever feel like selling one of your old frames cheap, I'm looking to build a cyclocross.

don't those seats just kill your .... well.. you know:D

Nah, most of the pressure is on your "sit bones" but after about 60 miles they start feeling a little bit sore. The saddle I've been riding for the past couple of years is actually a hard leather Brooks saddle. They conform to your butt and it's pretty comfy until the aforementioned 60 mile mark.

If you ever feel like selling one of your old frames cheap, I'm looking to build a cyclocross.

Sell one of my babies? I think not.

Actually I will continue to use all of them. One is an old hybrid that I use for family rides around the neighborhood and to pull my 5yo on a trail-a-bike. Two is my mountain bike that I use for hittin the trails. Three is my road bike I've been riding for the past three years. It is 30 years old, Italian, steel and in perfect condition. I recently had it overhauled and repainted. I'll probably turn it into a fixie. Four is the new one. Sorry, no spares. I've seen a lot of old frames on eBay.You may have to keep your eyes open though to find the type and size you want.

Nah, most of the pressure is on your "sit bones" but after about 60 miles they start feeling a little bit sore. The saddle I've been riding for the past couple of years is actually a hard leather Brooks saddle. They conform to your butt and it's pretty comfy until the aforementioned 60 mile mark.

Sell one of my babies? I think not.

Actually I will continue to use all of them. One is an old hybrid that I use for family rides around the neighborhood and to pull my 5yo on a trail-a-bike. Two is my mountain bike that I use for hittin the trails. Three is my road bike I've been riding for the past three years. It is 30 years old, Italian, steel and in perfect condition. I recently had it overhauled and repainted. I'll probably turn it into a fixie. Four is the new one. Sorry, no spares. I've seen a lot of old frames on eBay.You may have to keep your eyes open though to find the type and size you want.

Fixie? Have you seen mine? Have you ever ridden fixed? It's an awesome feeling, but takes a few months to really get comfortable.

I have an old Libertas I converted.

image-missing.png

2226688495_b43f67ca56-1.jpg

I recently changed from the bullhorns (Chop and flop) to the riser bars. I like the riser bars for trick ridding, but not for regular road riding. I'm contemplating swapping back. I also don't know which I like better aesthetically...important to all fixed riders who are wannabe urban hipsters.

How do you like your Brookes saddle? I've been contemplating one of those for a while, but I can't really justify the cost...are the really worth it?

2227478294_bb977aeb0f-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice fixie. I like the bullhorns (aesthetically) but I see more with the risers around here. At least you have a brake on yours. You should see some of the guys around here trying to stop their fixies with no brakes. Too funny. I am on the other end of the spectrum from the wannabe urban hipsters so I'm still not sure about riding fixed. I'll probably use a flip flop hub so I can ride regular single speed if I can't hack the fixed.

I love the Brooks. I got my first one about three years ago for my old road bike. It is the B17 model and it was really comfortable after the first few hundred miles. I moved it to my hybrid and got a B17 narrow for my road bike 'cause, as you know, it's all about the looks. I regret that I can't put one on my new bike but it just wouldn't look right. If you are not riding over 40 -50 miles at a time, the Brooks was comfortable right out of the box. For long distances, which I ride, it took 200-300 miles for it to form to my butt and get more comfortable.

If you get a Brooks get it from Wallingford Bicycle Parts. It's where I got both of mine. You can get a B17 for $82 AND if you don't like it they have a 6 month unconditional satisfaction guarantee. That is almost unheard of. They will refund all your money within 6 months of delivery. To answer your question, yes definitely worth it.

Something else I recommend, not that you asked, are Powergrips. After riding clipless for so long it was hard to go on family rides without something keeping my feet to the pedals. I kept lifting my feet on the upstroke. I bought these so I could still wear my tennis shoes and they are awesome.
image-missing.png

Power Grips' patented diagonally positioned, super comfortable pedal straps tighten and loosen with your natural foot motion. This makes entry and exit quick, easy and hands free! Unlike clipless systems, with Power Grips there's no need for expensive special shoes or pedals.

Power Grips are adjustable to fit different shoe sizes—we even have extra long straps, which are perfect for winter boots.

Power Grips attach right to most metal cage pedals. If you have toe clips and straps on your bike—just take them off and replace them with Power Grips. We promise—you'll never look back!

You'd be the envy of all the hipsters. :rolleyes:

Back