The Ruffstuff 9" Axle Housing!

Dan Fredrickson

Time for an update...

I should let you all know that we now make 7 different housings from the Toyota 8" to the Nissan Patrol. We make the housings for both the Solid 14, the Sixty9/Seventy9, & the Torq Super 14 thirds. We round it off with a housing for Toyota Landcruisers! We have also been asked to build 200 Land Rover housings for the Israeli Military, it is not final yet but if we do we will make Rover housings available also.

Our prices start at $525 and go up to $740 and are based solely on welding time. Its much more fair than basing price on demand like other companies do. These are the New Industry Standard!

I am also bring this up to refute a claim made by a new player in the Housing market stating theirs was the strongest one made. I will not say it is ours although ours is substantially stronger, to claim to be the strongest would be very expensive to prove.

All I will say is that 3" X .375" tube is substantially weaker than the 3.5" X .375" DOM we use in our housings!

This is it! The Ford 9" Axle Housing. This axle housing is a touch different than you are used to seeing from housing fabricators, this housing is not quite round! To put it simply, if it was round it would be weaker. The housing has 14 different facets to the basic diamond shape resulting from 36 individual bends! The end result is an axle housing that is the smallest shape possible and strongest shape too, AND there are no abrupt edges to hang up on passing rocks.

normal_920inch20f2-1.jpg
normal_1st20axle20wtruss20closeup201-1.jpg

We make the Ford 9" Axle Housings to have 1/8" clearance of the ring gear because Ford made all ratio R&P's exactly 9" in diamerer. 3.08 ratios are 9" & 7.20's are still 9". Another beneficial thing to keep in mind when deciding on which axles you want to use is the NASCAR influence. NASCAR has been driving down the price of 9" axle parts for 50 years!

normal_920inch20f6-1.jpg

They are available in 1 length (68") and you can cut them if you need shorter. They will come in 1 tube diameter and thickness but you can try and convince me that 3 1/2" x 3/8" wall DOM isn't strong enough. The Body of the housing is 1/4" A50 plate and the faceplate is 3/8 for better stud retention. They are internally reinforced with 6 seperate reinforcements that all tie together to make it way strong. You will also have the option of front or rear and left or right drop. We stock these so you won't have to wait either!

And they aren't that heavy either!

normal_Weightlifter203-1.jpg

Most of our welders don't dress this way but when Loren wanted to wear the leather apron how could I say no?

normal_Loren20leather20stand202-1.jpg
normal_Loren20leather203-1.jpg

Actually, for a hot 19 year old model I think she really liked the housing:D

normal_Loren20lean20wrap201-1.jpg
normal_Loren20bk20leg20up20back201-1.jpg

These are $640 picked up and sane delivery prices in the lower 48. I think we can hold this price for a few months if steel dosen't do what it did last summer....We are just finishing up the truss options and I will add them later. The Toyota 8" is having a minor change done and then it will also be done! We will also make these for the Super 14 as Portal Tek makes them available.....:D

Back