Thinks Rubicon is a trim LOL

Rubiconrich

Oh you got to read this LOL This guy has no clue? A trim LOL

Hi, I don't want to come on your run, but I do wan't to correct you. When you say a Rubicon only run is the same as an JK only run or XJ only run, you are wrong. JK and XJ are modles not trims, Rubicon is a trim. I have a grand cherokee and If I wanted to do a run I woulden't say a LAREDO only run or OVERLAND only run, I would say a GRAND CHEROKEE run whether laredo, limited, or overland. So instead of you saying a WRANGLER only run you are separating the trims by saying Rubuicon only, leaving the X and Saharra guys scraching there heads saying what can your rubicon do that my built X or saharra can't

A Rubicon has Dana 44's and lockers + a 4 to 1 That's more then just a trim package. It's more then just a sticker. LOL

Technically you could say its an option package, since its the same body style...
The Rubi comes with Dana 44's, not sure you can order a Sahara with a front D44 but you can get a rear D44. And I am not sure you couldn't get the famous E-locker in the rear diff either here.
The Rubi comes with a 4 speed transmission 42RE and the NP241 transfer case with the 4:1 reduction gears over the 3 speed 30/32RH with the NP231. Option package that could be added to a Sahara?
Well there is the trim package inside the Rubi, but thats just for the E-lockers switches too isn't it?

So you could say a trim package?

Oh you got to read this LOL This guy has no clue? A trim LOL

Hi, I don't want to come on your run, but I do wan't to correct you. When you say a Rubicon only run is the same as an JK only run or XJ only run, you are wrong. JK and XJ are modles not trims, Rubicon is a trim. I have a grand cherokee and If I wanted to do a run I woulden't say a LAREDO only run or OVERLAND only run, I would say a GRAND CHEROKEE run whether laredo, limited, or overland. So instead of you saying a WRANGLER only run you are separating the trims by saying Rubuicon only, leaving the X and Saharra guys scraching there heads saying what can your rubicon do that my built X or saharra can't

A Rubicon has Dana 44's and lockers + a 4 to 1 That's more then just a trim package. It's more then just a sticker. LOL

Have to agree..........yes, it's a trim package - in a way. You get the "Rubicon" stickers on your hood!:shock: But the Rubi is much more than that..........I think that guy aint got a clue.

I gotta say that rubicon is a trim as well, or even a option package. If it was a different model, then it would have a different serier letter such as a ZJ XJ or what ever, fact ir a sahara TJ and a Rubicon TJ are both the same model, a TJ, just different trim packages, ones a sahara, ones a rubicon.

Kinda like a camaro ss and a 6 cyl base camaro, not much the same between them, different axle, drive train suspension etc.. but they are the same model, just one is a SS trim level and the other was... RS was the trim level I think for the base. But like said before.... Really

why exclude any jeep as long as it is built and ready to run ???? not all can go out and "buy" a trail ready....( ok i'm jealous that you can but...) jeeps are jeeps BECAUSE they are jeeps.......

I'm not trying to exclude any jeep. All I wanted to do was a Rubicon only run.If I were to do a XJ run it's same thing.The Rubicon is a built factory Jeep. For years WE have been asking Jeep for a better Jeep and now we
have what we have been asking for. As the Rubicons get older and the price comes down for a used one more and more people will buy them.

All I wanted to do was a Rubicon only run.If I were to do a XJ run it's same thing.
The Rubicon is a Trim package available on the Wrangler, the XJ is a model of jeep. The Rubicon is not a 'model' regardless of how proud you are of your lockers, t-case, etc.

Your argument has faulty logic.

So from the information I can gleam from all replys....If I place a "Turbo" sticker on my Jeep's fender, will I get that extra horsepower I have been dreaming about?
A Jeep is a Jeep is a Jeep no matter how we dress them up, and whether you have a XJ. TJ, YJ, JK or even a LJ we are still part of the same family. JEEP It takes a Jeep fanantic (like Steelheadz) to be be able to tell the differences at distance exceeding half a mile in fading light.

Last edited:
If it is a rubicon only run and you won't let a guy come because he drives a XJ This does not make you an elitist... It makes you a douche.

By no means realted to you, but personally I think the rubicon was a double edged sword for the offroad community. Yes you can get a fairly capabile rig stock, really drove the aftermarket into a whole new thing, but it also opened up a venue for over use of trails and "rubi newbi's" showing up at trail rides and having no clue what they are doing and such.

I could take my Sport TJ and slap and Rubi sticker on the sides and you couldn't tell the difference.

^^^^^ That would be true if you were running dana 44s front and rear. And if you had the button for the e-lockers.... But then again... not many know the real difference with the diff's and button.

^^^^^ That would be true if you were running dana 44s front and rear. And if you had the button for the e-lockers.... But then again... not many know the real difference with the diff's and button.
Yeah but i doubt that their actually crawl under the Jeep and look. I may not have the 44's or the lockers but everything else is the SAME.

There's a guy around town with a BUILT TJ, and he has

blahblahblah

on his hood. Nice poke at the folks who like the storebought rigs......

RUBICLONE was a cool hood sticker I've seen around here, especially when it has the correct font.

The rear of my YJ has a '2.5L HIGH OUTPUT' sticker that mirrors the 4.0L decals, be very very careful what lies beneath the hood :shock:

I have rubincon stickers on my hood, they were free, so why not. they have been there since the rubicon was introduced. people all the time are like, you put square headlights on your rubicon, so just look at'em and say Ya why.

Back