This girl needs help.

sunilla_blue

I had purchased this 4inch superlift, for my 2000 jeep wrangler sahara.
(I bought a steering stabalizer too.)

I am not sure, if this kit is going to come with everything complete & ready to have installed. Could somone look it over by discription?
Let me know if it needs additional parts, so i dont kick myself later.
I bought this for about 35%off from JC Whitney and i hope it was a great buy.

Thanks in advance.

(This is all that was written about the lift)

Superlift Suspension Suspension Lift Kits - JCWhitney
Superlift®'s superior engineering, premium steel and precision forging/die-cutting/forming ensure uniform parts for a hassle-free fit! The 4" lift TJ kit includes 4 Superide™ coil springs, front lower springs, shocks with yellow boots and lift hardware. The 2" TJ kit includes coil mounts spacers to use with your original springs, plus 4 Superide™ shocks, yellow boots and hardware.

Last edited:

Well as a rule of thumb JC Whitney and high quality are mutually exclusive terms.
Do you have a Superlift part number so we can look up the specific lift on Superlift's site?
Unfortunately it sounds from the description like no this is not a complete lift kit. Here is what I think it is missing. Adjustable track bars, extended sway bar links, extended brake lines.
Other items that are very likely to be needed are; SYE, rear driveshaft, four wheel alignment, dropped pitman arm, adjustable suspension links.
Some of the items I mentioned you may be able to get by without. But if I was doing this for a customer and my name was associated with the job quality and warrantee then it gets done right, no short cuts.

That site really doesn't go into much detail about what you're getting. Here's what I see:

The 4" lift TJ kit includes 4 Superide™ coil springs, front lower springs, shocks with yellow boots and lift hardware.

I think that Ggg is right on the money, you'll at least need trackbars, swaybar links, and lower control arms.

Attachments

• Jeep-Control-Arms.jpg
    Jeep-Control-Arms.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 2,012
  • original_jeep_trackbar_install.JPG
    original_jeep_trackbar_install.JPG
    310.6 KB · Views: 1,180
I think there's a typo in that description. I think it does come with lower control arms. Adjustable track bars, extended brake lines, an SYE, adjustable suspension links and all that - they're nice, and they do improve ride quality and off-road performance. HOWEVER they are not needed to get the lift installed and get your Jeep back on the road.

The minimum you need to get the Jeep back on the road are longer springs, longer shocks, longer control arms (don't have to be adjustable but that would be nice), extended sway bar links, and a transfer case drop (for a 4" lift, 2" lift can usually get by without this). You WILL have to do a 4 wheel alignment after everything is installed, but as far as track bars, usually a more basic kit like this will come with instructions on how to relocate the stock track bars so that they work with the kit, and they usually come with fixed extended sway bar links (not disconnects). They also usually come with spacers for the transfer case drop. As long as you have all of those parts you will be fine.

Once you start wheelin' on a regular basis there are components of the kit you will want to upgrade certain parts of it - an SYE allows you to remove the transfer case drop and increases your ground clearance (but does require you to buy a new driveshaft and get adjustable upper control arms in the rear at least), upgrading to swaybar disconnects gives you much improved suspension travel and flex, etc.

At any rate, I think you'll be fine as far as having what you need to get the Jeep up and running. That's my .02 anyway.

Actually, after doing a little bit of research JC Whitney's site lists the manufacturer's part # as K294. A google image search shows several pictures of the lift kit which shows that it comes with extended sway bar links front and rear, a t-case drop, and YES it does come with extended lower control arms. SO, the answer to your question is YES you have everything you need. As I mentioned before there are certain components you'll want to upgrade over time if you wheel the Jeep on a regular basis, but otherwise you're good to go.

Attachments

• jeepz.jpg
    jeepz.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 846
I don't know Jason, I'd say that either a longer front trackbar or a trackbar bracket would be a requirement for a 4" lift (although I think I see a bracket in the photo).

I'm not positive when it comes to TJ's, but I just helped a friend install a 4.5" budget type Zone lift on an XJ and it had instructions to simply relocate the stock track bar on the front. I will fully agree that an adjustable track bar or a drop bracket would be ideal (and of course some budget lifts do come with drop brackets) but I don't know that it's absolutely necessary. I could be wrong though...

And according to http://www.superlift.com/instructions/5064.pdf

which is the installation instructions for that kit, it appears to come with a rear track bar drop bracket.

Well I still say the answer is NO you do not have everything like TM said no adjustable track bars at the very least. After google-ing the part number I have found several different photos of that kit and they are not the same. Some had shocks, some didn't, some didn't even show springs. So I say it is too iffy to tell, not saying Jason doesn't make some good points. I looked up 4" TJ lifts on Superlift's site and the K294 was not listed there either. The JC Whitney site stated their photo is only a generic photo not necessarily one of that particular part.
To me the big issue is the vendor, they have been known to be a clearing house for obsolete parts. And mentioning to the OP that other things like alignment will be needed.

Last edited:
I've heard of numerous amount of people who run without track bars and/or sway bars. i personally run without swaybars. but my springs are extremely stiff and have wide tires i don't even notice it. but on our tj with coils the sway bars are almost a must, its just scary how top heavy it feels going into a turn. it seems the kit has the minimum you need to lift your jeep. but my only experience is lifting my jeep and 2 others...

Thanks for all your help.. I have canceled my order with jc whitney.+ Not so much because of the lack of parts; but more because its been 30days and my lift never came... they could not even give me an idea when it would ship.

I would like some suggestions on what a complete short arm kit would be and from where?

Where do you live? 4Wheel Parts has retail stores and if your order your parts on-line and have them delivered to a store near you (that is of course if you have a store near you), shipping is free and you get a discount coupon for installation. We have one near us, and the folks there are awesome and very helpful! They could give you some recommendations that would give you the best set-up for your use and do the installation as well if your not up to tackling it yourself.

Back