this may sound like a dumb question

woody56

This happened last week when I picked up my first jeep, 2010 wrangler sahara. During delivery my salesman is doing his check list thing. He insists on demonstrating 4wdr operation even though I tell him Ill read the manual at home. No prob. he says ,Take a second to do. 2h to 4h no prob. , a little sticky, but hey its new. Now he wants to show me 4L. While we a parked he very firmly trys 1st time, no go. 2nd time he remembers to put shifter into "n", still no go. Third times a charm, it slips in with a clank. at this point I'm feeling sick and ask, "Is it standard proceedure to destroy a customers transmission prior to delivery"? I take it home, every thing seems ok. I called around and did some research on the subject. Seems we should have been rolling 2-3 mph, the preferred method. Now that I'm tramatized about using 4wL, should I be concerned about what he did. I did call a couple of other dealers who said the wranglers are pretty tough and I should be fine.

Yeah....I doubt there was any damage done. I've engage mine with a clunck and a hard pull several times, then borderline abused it and it's always been ok. I'd say no worries.

in liberty shift on the fly into 4 high 4low N shift never had any issue than back up 2 / 3 feet to disengage would assume same for the wrangler

Shouldn't be a problem, let's hope our jeeps are built tough enough to handle that minimal abuse. ;D

Mine bangs a lot and it is a 2.5l with 160k miles no problems yet..some day I will fix my bracket so it stops kicking out of 4 lo on me in the middle of a trail.

Back