Tilt steering for a CJ-5

Greywolf

Hey what's going on ya'll?

Does anyone out there have 1) a tillt steering column for a 1979 CJ-5 at a REASONABLE price or 2) can anyone tell me what else might bolt into this thing without any/many mods?

It's one of 7 Jeeps my girlfriend and I own and I'm trying to get it in a position where my overgrown (petitely challenged) self can drive it a bit more comfortably when I take it out playing.

I usually drive my CJ-7 but it's down with transmission problems at the moment and my Scrambler is running like a dog (rackin', frackin' vaccuum lines and emissions crud, maybe a bad carb too).

Trying to convince her to let me drive her CJ-7 on the trails but she's never driven off road before so I guess I have to kinda teach her the ropes before I get my turn (hence the reason I need the 5 in a more comfortable position for me, so I can lead her into the deep, dark woods).

Anyway, thought I'd throw that out there and if anyone can help me I know this crew can.

Thanks ya'll and take care,

Chris[addsig]

my 82 doesnt have tilt yet, but i have looked in to it as a future mod.... i belive that a tilt wheel outta a cj-7 will work, and also that it is a fairly simple procedure to do[addsig]

I'm trying to get it in a position where my overgrown (petitely challenged) self can drive it a bit more comfortably when I take it out playing.

I feel you pain. Brother I can not drive a CJ5 due to this above mentioned problems. If I could I would cause nothing says Jeep like a 5. tug :-O [addsig]

I believe any tilt column out of any late 70's early 80's chevy will effortlessly bolt into a jeep vehicle. I have a friend that put tilt into a 88 YJ from a 79 chevy Van and his bolted right up, and I think it even pluged right in. I do remember that he had to cut the streering shaft.[addsig]

I feel you pain. Brother I can not drive a CJ5 due to this above mentioned problems. If I could I would cause nothing says Jeep like a 5. tug

All you have to do is suck it in......for a few hours! :lol: :lol: [addsig]

Back