Tire and wheel help PLEASE.

JETSJEEP

Im new to the Jeep world and need some help. Just bought my teenage son a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport. Its getting a 4" suspension lift in the next few weeks. We need HELP in choosing tires and wheels.

We are set on 33" tires or 305s in a M/S tread design. What is the best way to go? Are 15" rims better than 16"? Will 16" tires have a higher load range? Do we go with 8" wide? Will 9" work? What off-set? HELP

Pics of Wranglers with 4" lift and 33" tires would be appreicated.Please specify rim size also.

THANKS ALOT.

I would go with something around a 305/75 R16LT load range "E" I don't have a wrangler presently, I sold mine a couple years back. I ran super swampers on my YJ Wrangler, I kind of liked those. I believe they were 33X11X15 and they were on 15 X 9's.

I'm not going big on my CJ-3B. I am only going 2-2.5" lift and about a 265/75 R16LT :-|

I would go with something around a 305/75 R16LT load range "E" I don't have a wrangler presently, I sold mine a couple years back. I ran super swampers on my YJ Wrangler, I kind of liked those. I believe they were 33X11X15 and they were on 15 X 9's.

I'm not going big on my CJ-3B. I am only going 2-2.5" lift and about a 265/75 R16LT :-|

Isnt an "E" load range a 10-ply tire? Wont that ride terrible?

Don't sweat the load range, just go with a 33"x12.5"x15" with a 15"x8" wheel. Tire salesman will try to sell you a 10" wide wheel but the 8" is plenty. I think a common backspacing is in the 4"-4.5" rang.e

I love my toyo open country mts. Probably the only tire I will ever own again unless I am building a full on mud rig. They do great in what mud i do get into and pretty good in the snow too. Ride good and aren't really loud. The problem with goin with swampers or boggers is they dont last long on pavement. I agree with bounty hunter on the 33 x 12.50 x 15 tire size. And like he said cant go wrong with a 15X8 wheel. 15x10s will just make your tire stick out a little more

Isnt an "E" load range a 10-ply tire? Wont that ride terrible?

I run either 8 or 10 on everything I drive with about 35-40 psi and they ride ok. From where I live, I have to go about 25 miles to get to pavement. When I first moved here 10 yrs or so ago, I was changing flats 2-3 times a week. D & E ratings made flats all but a thing of the past.

if you had a F350 then I say go with load range E... for a 1/4 ton jeep.. Load range C.

Basically agree with what everone says. except... I would put 35" BFG all terrains on the jeep. for a unexperienced teenage driver, they will perform far better in wet conditions emergency situations and better on road manners than a swamper type tire. 15 or 16" rim doesn't matter, I would never go any wider than a 8" rim though.

We are gonna stick with the 33" tires and the 8" rims. Just cant make a decision on the rims. 15x8 is a limited selection. 16x8 has many to choose from. Tire selection is narrowed down to BFG- Mud terrains or Hankook Dynapro ATs.Trying to be practical and safe,yet please a 17 yr old.

little expensive and flashy for an offroad vehicle, but if you street driving, then they are fine. it is more of a personal taste more than anything.

BFG's are a good choice . . . and they are USUALLY a load range "D":p

Don't care much for the wheels, I usually like steel ones but those are fine.

Back