Tire choice has to be made!

Tug-n-pull

Ok here in my county we have a tire manufacturer. I have an inside tract to get me a set like real reasonable. I am not really the biggest fan of either tire they make but I love the price so now I need to figure out what tires I want out of the ones i can get.

My choices are Super Swamper Thornbirds, and Mickey Thompson Baja Claws. What is the best of the two for on / off road daily use. tug[addsig]

I heard the Thornbirds get caked with mud very easy... just look at the tread design! The only thing gettin you out is the mean lookin side walls. I would go with the Baja Claws, I have read reviews on the tire that said they were suprisingly quiet, long lasting, and good for both on/offroad. I too am in the market for tires, so if I may make a few suggestions... Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip- I have seen these in action on and offroad... FRIGGIN AWESOME... my buddy has them on his Toyota and I have never seen them fail offroad, great wear too. Goodyear MT/R- have heard nothing but good things about this tire... I think I'm leaning toward the MT/Rs. Dunno if you have access to these at the Tire place your talking about, but its worth a shot. Good luck.[addsig]

This compamy builds the tires I mentioned. I may be able to get a set of what they call blims or blimishes for like 40 bucks a piece. I can live with an unlevel leter on a side wall for that kind of price. tug[addsig]

I would rather have the Baja's but I really can't give any good reason other than I like the Baja look better than the Noise the thornbirds would make.

BaJa =
mt_baja_claw-4.gif
GORGEOUS Meats

edited by: L33TJ33P, Jun 11, 2003 - 11:02 AM[addsig]

tug, you should start up a business selling those blemished tires on jeepz.com
i know i would get me a set!!!!!!!

but if you can really get them that cheap i want some, all kidding aside

ray :-D [addsig]

Get the claws, avoid the ThornTurds like monkeypox :lol: The Thornturds large tread blocks are like slicks offroad, most worn out MT's are better :roll: Save the Thornturds for he show trucks that don't get offroad :roll: [addsig]

Back