Tires and Rims

captjanes

hey guys i got 35 x 12.5 R15 tires ....and when i put them on my factory rims they pulled the tire in.. i think i got to get a wider rim. also i would like to get a set of offset rims so i can remove my wheel spacers.. what do u recommed i use for a size.. do i need 12.5 rim? and is there a good place to get them online.. thanks

I think your stock rims should be fine. I've heard many people say that it's better to have the tire pucker like that to protect the rim.
Plus, I just think it looks cooler. Of course, you probably won't want to pump up to 45 psi. My 31's on my stock rims are at 33ish psi.

Factory rims I think are 7" wide which are great for 31"x 10.5" tires the 33"x12.5" tires may be better on something like a 8" to 10" rim.

i have to change my rims because my tires is rounded liek a basket ball and i reduced my air to 20psi in my tires and it is the same thing. the rims and pulling in my tires. i need wider rims but i dont know how wide.. i got bf goodwrenchs on my jeep and they are suppsoe to be flat not rounded.. that look stupid and i am only killing my poor o tire

15 x 10's with a 4 inch backspace are perfect, then you won't need wheel spacers. These are American Racing Tailgunners 15x10 w/ 4in backspace with 33x12.50's.

Attachments

• Pictures 191.jpg
    Pictures 191.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,911
I agree with cam. I have 33 x 12.50 BFG m/t's mounted on 10" rim & it is a perfect fit.

Attachments

• Nov 2004- Aug 2005 085.jpg
    Nov 2004- Aug 2005 085.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 8,332

if your going to go offroad, get a 8" rims. will hold the bead better at low tire pressure.

I have 33's BFG KM2's on 8" rims and there is not much bulging on mine. Keep in mind that the thiner the rim, the more the tire will bulge, but this will allow you to run lower PSI when out in the trail.

DSC00170-1.jpg

Back