Tires???

BigScott

want 31x10's what type do you guys run? Want good tread life but an agressive look. Do you guys know anything about Mickey Thompson Tires?

MT is some of the best tires out there but you need to post what type of driven you do to make it ez for us to help. I ran MT Baja Claws inthe 31. 11.5 and they were great on the trail not so good on the road. Wear real fast it is the price you pay for off road preformance in that tire. The Geolanders are great tires from Yokohoma but they cost you good on and off the trail look great and hold up. There are as many choices as you will care to look at and all have a strong point and have a weak point and they all wear out. tug

gas can mounts

I have seen the MT Baha radials have GREAT life. The price turned me off though. I went with Kumho Venture M/T and have had nothing but great luck with them so far.

I am running Cooper Discoverer S/T 31x10.5. They work great offroad and are good on the pavement. I drive 30 miles every day to and from work. I have had them about 20000 miles, and there is no tread worn off yet. I love em. What Jeep you puttin em on?

I run Dunlop Mud Rovers, good life and performance. If you dont do alot of offroading go with an all terrain, like BFGs.

I would have to say that all the above is true, and as Tug said, knowing what kind of driving you do will be the best way to recommend a tire.

If you do alot of highway on an everyday commute, you might want to get an All-terrain instead of a Mud Terrain. The tread pattern is closer together and will be alot less prone to cupping (uneven wear). I had a set of the BF Goodrich AT/KO's on my YJ and put over 100 miles a day on them. They were excellent in every catagory except deep mud, which they were decent, but certainly no mud terrain. I have also owned Dunlop Radial Rover RV (a little less money than the BFG AT). They were very good tires as well, wearing and performing well.

If you drive it daily but not alot of highway, I would go with a mud terrain. Which one depends on your budget. All the above recommendations are sound.

If you're planning on using them mainly on a trail, get a set of Super Swamper TSL Radials. They're the old standby and will sling the mud like no other.

BigScott said:
want 31x10's what type do you guys run? Want good tread life but an agressive look. Do you guys know anything about Mickey Thompson Tires?

I know the Mickey Thompsons don't have good tread life. WAAAAAAY overpriced for the amount of wear and performance you get.

Kumho M/T all the way! Great tire for a great price! Had mine since Oct. and zero problems so far, and they are mean offroad.

Lady :lol:

Wish me luck! ("me" as in "us")

The type of driving I do Is mainly on road but every now and again I get on the trails. I like an agressive look, but want good treadlife. I had some BFG AT but they were terrible with treadlife only lasting me 28,000 before the steel belting in them busted and came through the rubber.

BigScott said:
The type of driving I do Is mainly on road but every now and again I get on the trails. I like an agressive look, but want good treadlife. I had some BFG AT but they were terrible with treadlife only lasting me 28,000 before the steel belting in them busted and came through the rubber.

Sounds like you got some defects or something. Did you run them back into your tire dealer? They come with a 50,000 mile warranty. My family and I have ran BFG AT's for years and never had any problems and usually ended up getting about twice the mileage on them that you ended up with. Did you get your ride aligned occasionally and have the tires rotated every 5K? That can make a huge difference, especially on a vehicle that occasionally sees some off road useage. Tready life typically goes down the more aggresive the tread pattern, so for 70% road use I would suggest an AT over a MT.

nkdskls1978 said:
MUD KINGS ... hwy only though .. my cousin runs the same off road and he says that they chip and get cuts too easy ..

Why would you buy a Mud tire for the highway???

ladyjeepfreak said:
Kumho M/T all the way! Great tire for a great price! Had mine since Oct. and zero problems so far, and they are mean offroad.

Lady

That tire sure looks like a bargain. Good looking tread pattern for that money! I wish it was available in the size I'm looking at (33x10.50x15). I would have to give them a shot. I originally though it was not a domestic tire, but I was apparently wrong. :oops:

Back