Tires

well first of all, start with your wheels note the wheel size, ie. 15x7 means 7" wide&15" round [the diameter] that size wheel will not take a 14"-16"-16.5" tires! heres an idea, go buy some really cool wheels, the size dont matter, then go and buy some tires, [whatever you like] then bring them, with your jeep, to get them mounted, if they dont fit, throw them in a dumpster and start all over. keep doing that over&over sooner or later youll get it right.

speaking from experience?? was it something I said?? can't believe a guy could ask such a stupid question?? have problems?

#1 NO #2 YES #3 YES #4 NO. hey micktoo, if you thought it was valid, why dont you help him out?

[This message has been edited by willys (edited July 27, 2001).]

Well I really agree with Willys, but if you really need help then go to tires.com and you can match your tires up with rims online. That way you don't have to throw them away each time they are mismatched.

------------------

Life is a journey, take it.

image-missing.png
Blah? Well I was being serious about www.tires.com but if that is all you have to say the go to www.looser.com and try not to learn anything at all in this lifetime

No, the 'blah' was for people like willys' comments and the fact that you start off with how you agree with him, but I do appreciate the suggestion of tires.com.

Did you go to www.looser.com ? It is actually a pretty good site. I was being mean but I actually ended up laughing. Did you read the explainations on tires.com , pretty helpful for a beginner, or anyone who just wants to know more.

[ August 08, 2001: Message edited by: Justicewolf ]

Willys... I am sure when you first started out you asked what was looked as stupid qustions. I am prety sure tat this Msg board is meant for people to ask questions. If you do not wish to help... log off. Get a life...
image-missing.png

Ursa Major, What did you what to know how to properly match wheel width to tire width for flotation? Or for better street preformance?

Take a 15x7 wheel and mount a 31x10.50x15 and you would have a decent match you really do not want to exceed about a five inch defrence in tire vs wheel width. Like a 44x18x15 15x7 would be way to much rubber hanging off the side. And you never want to mount to narrow of a tire on a wide wheel, like a 15x10 with 30X8X15, you get the idea I hope.

Any ways you can e mail me if you need help.

Oh yeah, tires.com is a good site to match tires and wheels. But to figure out how much your speedometer will be off check out the calculator at www.tommyjeep.com or http://www.tommyjeep.com/apps/ratio/index.htm, The guy that runs that site has a calc for transmission ratios, axle ratios, tire sizes, crawl ratios, ect. Check it out.

Willys man that bulls*** was un called for. It is a valid question if you do not know. And I did help.

[ August 11, 2001: Message edited by: rsvpepper ]

Back