tires

you don't say whether you want/need new or used or what size or tread design.... I say you want cheap check Craigslist...

I got a set of 5 almost brand new Michelins for my 97XJ earlier this year; this is my wife's DD that never sees 4WD except for during the winter....
I got the reciept from them being originally bought new,
they were already mounted and balanced; all I had to do was bolt them on; 235/75R15 Michelin X; Michelins happen to be my hands down favorite tires.....

the guy wanted $500 for the set; I got them for $450;
now here's the good part; Not counting the wheels (earlier 90s 5 spoke factory Jeep) they are $750 worth of tires by the time you pay mount balance and all; these came off the guys sister's Cherokee, that got "Cash 4 Clunkered"; and she had JUST put these tires on the Jeep -all 5- just 182 miles before sending it in as a Clunker!!! Would YOU put 5 brand new, top of the line tires onto your vehicle just to get rid of it? Especially to get rid of it THAT way??? Me either.
so I got like 45% off the tires plus a free set of wheels;

and then I sold the wheels and old tires that came off my Jeep for $160 so that new set of tires incl matching spare wound up costing me just under $300.. IDK the right "name" for the wheels that were on my Cherokee when I'd gotten it but I call them "snowflake" wheels; I don't see alot of these wheels, mostly on "country" edition XJ's. but they were peeled and oxidized pretty badly.

I got the set that's on my son's Ramcharger off of CL for $130; these are Coopers with about 1/2-2/3 tread; plenty for a 17 yo kid that don't drive a whole lot; these were mounted on a set of 88-98 GM truck alum 6 lug wheels; I mounted them on my son's wheels and resold the GM wheels for $100... so there are deals out there;
on my local CL (Chicago), Jeep wheels seem to be the most common wheels seen listed for sale. Most w/ tires some w/o.

These were $300 for all 4 at wallmart.

Attachments

• Picture%20004.jpg
    Picture%20004.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 362
Back