tires

hitmanstj

Have a 2001 tj with 4.5 inches of lift. Looking at buying some new tires next month but am having a tough decision on which ones. The swamper tsl radials look good but have heard they are hard to balance. Also like the Mickey Thompson mtz radials and the Dick Cepek crushers. Any help would appreciated. I only drive this Jeep 2 or 3 times a week.

i like the duratracs. they look great and are quiet on the road.

not on your list, i know. of those two you mentioned, i have no experience

I only have 100 miles on my MTZ's, I luv the look, and there quiet.

What kind of driving do you do? The swampers run through quick. I like the nitto terra grappler or toyo all terrains. I've wheeled them both too, they handle their own. The two last a good while, 3-4 years about 48-60k miles

The only time I get to wheel is every other weekend since I work a swing shift. And only see light rock and mud. I am starting to like the goodyears with Kevlar as well.

I have the goodyear MT/Rs with kevlar. I've only been out with them once, but was very happy with them. A friend has had a set for over a year and is still glad that he bought them. Great grip in the mud and rocks and fairly quiet on the road.

I have that issue of jp magazine and the more I read about the Mickey Thompson's the more I like them.

I have that issue of jp magazine and the more I read about the Mickey Thompson's the more I like them.
I bought a used set of Mickey tires and wheels off of craigslist last year got 5 wheels n tires for $500. They were better than half tread and the spare had never been run. I got to checking after I bought them, they quit making that tire several years ago. They're old but have no dry rot what so ever. I've put 5000 miles on them and I don't have the first complaint.

I remember back in the 80's a friend had a set of 33x14.50 Mickey's on a Toyota 4x4 and he couldn't wear 'em out. We guessed maybe because the truck was so light it wouldn't wear 'em. They were the old Baja Belted style.

I had set of the Mickey Thompson claws on my first tj I owned. Got a lot of miles out of them and was impressed how well they did on the rocks and mud but didn't do so well in the snow. Not that I am looking for a tire that goes well in the snow since we only get maybe 2 or 3 measurable snow falls hear in southeast Missouri anyway.

Back