TJ big tires rub Sway bar

4wdparatrooper

Just lifted my 06 LJ with the RC 2.5" combo lift really good inexpensive lift like the way it handles on the road, and off road. I put 25x12.50 BFG KM2's, w/ cragar V2 rims, really sharp looking. However when i go to turn all the way Right or Left I rub on the sway bar. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? can I just get a new sway bar? I dont want to do wheel spacers, so please dont suggest that. And wider axles are out as well unless you know where i can get some dana 44s for 2-3 hundred dollars.
Thanks.

There is a way to change your limit stop so it wont rub,but you will lose some turning radius.The lift you got is it the one with the progressive springs?I have been looking at them but really undecided,the cost is noce,but I have heard mixed things about them.

if you don't want to hear spacers, should have gotten rims with correct back spacing to begin with, so if not, get spacers.

There's a bolt behind the rotor take it out and put how ever many washer it needs til it stops scrubbing, I'll send a pic of it if necessary

if you don't want to hear spacers, should have gotten rims with correct back spacing to begin with, so if not, get spacers.

Did the research, got told 3.75" of backspaceing got rims with 3.75" of backspace. I was asking if there was alternatives, cause I knew the easy fix was spacers. I was asking for help not criticisim.

Thanks Anyways

There is a way to change your limit stop so it wont rub,but you will lose some turning radius.The lift you got is it the one with the progressive springs?I have been looking at them but really undecided,the cost is noce,but I have heard mixed things about them.
Yeah I really like the ride. Really close to stock. No complaints so far really good basic lift that is easy to put on for the money with room to add whatever you want later. The body lift was kind of a pain becasue you have to relocate the fan shroud. the directions say to take the fan blade off but we got it done without doing that. I'd give it like a 3.7 out of 5, cause the directions were a little vauge and had illustrations for a older jeep than mine.

Did the research, got told 3.75" of backspaceing got rims with 3.75" of backspace. I was asking if there was alternatives, cause I knew the easy fix was spacers. I was asking for help not criticisim.

Thanks Anyways

I offered my advice, not criticism. Also, asking people for advice is all fine and dandy, it would have been smarter IMHO to go out and actually measure for your rims. you can adjust your steering stops, but I would not suggest it. stock steering has such a crappy radius to begin with, why make it worse?

so to reiterate, get rims with at least 3.5" of back spacing, spacers or I will add get a Anti-rock sway bar which has a slightly less profile and might solve your clearence issue.

Back