TJ body lift and tires

00TJ_Atl

I own a '00 TJ Sahara. I'm going to need new tires soon and want to upgrade. Sorry for the same questions you guys here over and over from newbies.

What size tires can I put on the stock Canyon rims without ballooning too bad?

What size body lift and what brand?

I've heard that if I use a 2" body lift, I won't need extensions for hoses and wires. But if I use a 3", those things will be needed.

If I put 32 or 33 inch tires on, what is that going to do to my HP and Torque? My Jeep is automatic - yeah I know, it sucks. But I looked at 100 used Jeeps in Atlanta and 70% of them were automatics. The 5-speeds I looked at had too many miles or were not taken care of.

I won't be off-road that much and when I am, it will most likely be on trails or the beach. My main goal is to unpussyfy the Jeep and make it look more aggressive.

Thanks for the help!

[addsig]

On my 97 TJ I am running 15x8 rims with 31x12.50x15 swamper boggers. They don't give me any trouble unless under extreme suspension travel. I plan on a 4" lift and going to 33's soon. Might even add the coil spring spacers and a 1" body lift and pput 35's. There are a lot of opinions out there and it depeneds on what your needs are.
image-missing.png

Since I'm in SouthWest Florida, there ain't much rock crawling to be done. Most of it is sand or mud. Therefore, I don't need as much suspension articulation as some people, so I can go to a bigger tire without having to go through the lifting. But.... the travel is nice to have when you need it.

Thanks for the reply.

Mainly the Jeep is going to be on the street. I'm thinking of adding 2" of lift either by spring spacers or a body lift. I'd like to use my OEM rims right now so I might go with 31x10.50-15. But I'm wondering how much ballooning there would be if I put 32x11.50-15 on the OEM 7" rims.

Michael
[addsig]

With the 32's you might wanna go ahead with the spring spacers. I had 31x11.50's on 8" rims and they looked good.... I think they should be ok on 7's
[addsig]

Can you point me in the right direction for online 4x4 parts. I can't seem to find the spring spacers. Also, do I need to replace the shocks when I install the spacers?

Thanks again!
[addsig]

Back