TJ doors are stuck!

Jozjep

Hey guys I just picked up an 04' Wrangler Unlimited, so far I am loving it but I can't get the doors off! I sprayed the hinge with pb blaster and even used a jack to try and pry the door up (ended up denting the bottom). This is blowing my mind because the door swings open and close freely but won't budge to pop the doors off.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

To start with the obvious did you remove the nuts that keep the doors from sliding off? Otherwise keep soaking the pins if you can find it use Kroil that stuff works 100 times better than pb blaster. Spray them every day for a week and keep working the doors (move them in an out as you lift). It take time if they've never been removed before or if it's been a long time.

YES!!!! a big key is to swing the door open and closed a little as you lift... lifting straight up even with working doors is very difficult.

FYI-The pin is part of the door. The very first time I thought it wasn't. ^^2X. ^^. PB blaster and swing the door and lift with even pressure. Each door is like 50 lbs. I put my arm through the window from the outside and grab the inner door handle while lifting. To swing I step to and away from the vehicle.

FYI-The pin is part of the door. The very first time I thought it wasn't. ^^2X. ^^. PB blaster and swing the door and lift with even pressure. Each door is like 50 lbs. I put my arm through the window from the outside and grab the inner door handle while lifting. To swing I step to and away from the vehicle.

Thanks guys, I have been working the hell out of them and making a mess with PB and WD40 all over the side of the jeep lol. I'll just keep at it and hopefully the break soon! It just blows my mind that they swing open and closed so smoothly but won't budge to come off. Worst case senario I guess I buy new hinges and just unbolt these from the door and bucket?

Thanks,

Joe

Back