TJ seat moving

collestat

Does anyone have any experience moving the driver seat on a TJ? Ive had a shop custom move the seat on all my old cars/suv's as I'm 6'6" and am looking at buying a TJ and wanted to know if anyone has done this before? Basically re-drill the seat back a few inches giving more leg/knee room.

I'm 6'6" also and have moved a seat back on a car before. What I did so I wouldn't have to drill new holes was to take a strip of steel about 4" long and drill a hole in each end. Attach one end to the factory holes and attach the seat to the other holes in the steel strip. I did this on a 442 that I didn't want to drill into the floor.

That said, I find I have plenty of room in my TJ. Have you sat in one yet? Go find one at a car lot and give it a try. You may not have any problem either.

You might consider raising the seat some... I put a 2 inch "Bobby Orr" lift under my seat - it helped with comfort as well as visibility. Whatever you decide to do watch out for the odd bolt. One of the four bolts is larger than the rest - this is important because it secures the seat belt to the floor. Best of luck - John

Hey, SouthTJ - Kudos to you for not modifying the 442!! Most people could care less about drilling the floor. It's nice to see someone else who is concerned about preserving antique vehicle originality.

Does anyone have any experience moving the driver seat on a TJ? Ive had a shop custom move the seat on all my old cars/suv's as I'm 6'6" and am looking at buying a TJ and wanted to know if anyone has done this before? Basically re-drill the seat back a few inches giving more leg/knee room.

I'm on the taller side myself and have looked into getting these. I have problems with my legs cramping up on long trips. (No Cruise Control)

Big Boy Seat Bracket Driver side by Misch and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware

Back