Tom the Peeper just won't go away!

wm69 said:
OK, my previous post was before I got to read this whole thread. Nice debate there over the gun kontrol issue by the way. Lady, the dogs, cameras etc are all great ideas and would probably work and get rid of this guy. I still say buy a gun, learn to use it, and you'll always have the peace of mind that you will be able to defend yourself if the need arises. Guns used for self defense are just an insurance policy. On the gun kontrol thing, the problem with having a "mandatory test" to ensure people are worthy of owning a firearm...... WHO MAKES THE TESTS? You get John Kerry, Feinstein, or Kennedy having anything to do with these tests and NO one would pass them. That's the problem most people have with assault weapons ban too. What's an assault weapon? Who says Ted Kennedy isn't going to redefine an "assault weapon' as a remington 1100? Gun control opens doors to more gun control, until we eventually end up with the Aussies and the Brits. You say I'm paranoid, I say I'm thinking ahead and doing my best to protect my rights. A "gun owners test" is right there with the literacy tests used to keep blacks from voting. Easy to take peoples' rights away when you get people to agree to have to "pass a test" to keep their rights. If someone is stupid enough to go for that idea they're not too bright and I'd just assume them not have a gun around me, but that's kind of a loop, isn't it? Test for concealed carry, great, people need to be trained if they are going to be carrying a loaded gun in public places, but test just for ownership, not on your life.

Yeah, but you can say that about anything requiring regulation. Cars, alcohol, guns, it doesn't matter. A line must be drawn by someone, in this case "The Tests", and it's you as a voter who decides who "makes" the tests. Plain and simple. It's your duty as a voter to decide by picking the guy you think supports your agenda best. As stated, you think that person isn't Kerry, so vote for the tard...I mean... other guy. JK.
:wink:

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner, folks!

dropseys wrote:

1) No way no how.
2) Still a no, but the states attorney may not prosecute you depending on how you articulate the belief you had your well-being was in danger.
3) Yes, because there hopefully you will be a fear for your life and/or well-being and you are permitted to defend yourself if thst is the case. Now if the guy drops the knife and runs out the door that no longer applies so shooting him in the back is out of the question. And no dragging him back inside will not work.

Three shots dead center in the “kill zone.” Now that is good information!

Your location, at least as listed under your avatar, reads “Maryland:” the same state where LadyJeepFreak resides. Your response, therefore, is particularly valuable.

Thank you for your post.

Best regards,

Gadget

I have refrained from commenting in this thread, both because I do not really have any good advice, for the original problem, or the debate which it has spurred (and I am not against that at all, knowledge is power, and we all have the right to free speech), and because a fairly severe personal injury is making it extremely painful to type, and to have sat and gone through EVERY post this thread has grown (I am fine, all is healing, so no worries, not the point of this thread)...

But...

Firstly, what is the status of this problem? Are you still seeing evidence that he is coming back, etc...

Secondly, if you are anything like me, and I think you alluded to this in a previous post, it is not necessarily feasable to go out and buy every single thing that you can to help with this problem:guns, cameras, mace, boards with nails in them, dogs, motion lights, etc. etc... This leads me directly into the 3rd point, which is...

I don't necessarily know what all of the laws are regarding this sort of thing here in Michigan, what is in your power to do to deter/catch a predator, and I surely don't have a clue what they are out in Maryland... There could be some subtle differences in city law than there are in the state law too where you live. I think that the long-lost-but-recently-returned-to-the-great-joy-of-us-all Inspector-Gadget hit it on the head. Seek out information, and become as informed as you can, so you can do the most effective (and legal) thing in your power to make this problem finally not be... Our legal system can be screwy, there's that everpresent story about how the guy fell through the skylight onto the kitchen knife, sued, and won even though he intended to do dreadful things in the first place. It's the system we have in place, and to make it work, you have to be careful, and informed...

Not trying to start any kind of a debate here, because I cannot take the typing at the moment :wink:. That's just my advice, and all I have to give. I wish you the very best of luck, because there is no way that anyone should have to live in fear in their own home...

i dont know if this has been said yet, didnt wanna read through 6 pages... get a dog, problem solved and it'll give ya some compansion ship, that dog wil tell you the second hes on your property and will tear him limb from limb if he comes in your house. just remember to get your beware of dog sign

Back