Too many engine codes?

kcbugs

'04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.0L, 128,000 miles.

Wife complained yesterday about no acceleration, and "jumpy" feeling in the jeep, I gave her my Wrangler to drive to work, and drove the cherokee home with no issues, other than a CEL code P0122. I changed the TPS, and drove myself back to work, again, with no drive-ability issues, but the P0122 remained. This morning I drove the Cherokee and twice had to stop and restart the vehicle. Flashing engine light. Got to work, checked the engine code with my Ultra Gauge, and had this:

P0122, P0353, P0352, P0351, P0300, P0301, P0303, P0304, P0306

PCM? That's my guess. Hoping I don't have to pay $900 for a new computer, but I'm guessing that's really the last possibility. We've had this vehicle since December of '10, with no issues, no codes. Everything just popped up at once, which is what I'm basing the bad PCM on. Anyone have any experiences like this?

P0122 TPS signal does not correlate to MAP sensor signal or APPS voltage input below the minimum acceptable voltage. P0300 miss fire cylinders 1,3,4,6. P0351
Peak primary circuit current not achieved with maximum dwell time coil A. P0352 Peak primary circuit current not achieved with maximum dwell time coil B. Sounds like a power issue, loose, dirty ground, bad connector, a shorting circuit, or open circuit.

If your going in for a run down. Grab some dielectric grease and dab each pin, plug and unplug a few times to make sure you still get contact.

Think I got it... Seems there is a short somewhere between the TPS and the PCM. I rewired from the TPS to the PCM, disconnecting the wires in the harness. No more codes, seems to be running great so far. Must be a breakdown somewhere in the harness. Previously, the code would immediately return after clearing, but after rewiring, there has been no return of the code. Fingers crossed!!!

The problem sounds like your not getting the proper voltage . Use a volt meter on TPS wires and you should be getting between 4.5 and 5.1. If it's not i could be just a bad sensor and you have to keep using the meter to figure which sensor is shot.

Back