Toys 4 Tots

Jeeper84

Hey, guys! I'm not sure if you have this where you live, but in Chicago there's an event called Toys 4 Tots. It's a big parade for anything 4x4 to ride in. The whole event is to collect toys for underprivillaged children. My girlfriend and I will be in it and we're collecting toys and money for toys to donate for these kids. If anybody would like to donate any unopened toy or any dollar amount to go toward toys (you could send money and tell me what you want me to purchase with it to save on shipping costs) feel free to PM me. I think this is an awesome thing to do for these kids and their families! Let me know! I'll send pics and reciepts if you want them. -Mike :D

Know what? I think you're right! I thought it was just a Chicago thing. Well I'm going anyway if anybody wants to donate. Thanks for clarifying that! -Mike

If you ever shop at target here is a little known fact. They will not let the USMC set up even a collection box there. Do not support the Toys for tots campaign. I no longer shop there due to that fact. They do however support the Gay Rights pretty strong though! hehe tug

Sorry Tug, but I love target, and that little bit of misinformation has been circulating and being exagerated for awhile now.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

As the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) noted on their website:

Although there has been a resurgence of patriotism and support for our nation’s veterans, there have been various messages posted on the Internet that would lead people to believe that corporate America, specifically retail department stores, are falling short in supporting our nation's veterans.

The Veterans of Foreign Wars would like to remind all that the Internet culture weaves rumors and misinformation. Simply put, don't believe everything you read. For example, an e-mail message urging veterans to boycott Target has been circulating on the Internet because a solicitation request to support "The Moving Wall" was denied.

Target has a long-held corporate policy regarding donations. And in all fairness, Target contributes more than $2 million weekly to charitable causes and is one of the corporate sponsors for the 2003 tour of the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial Fund's "The Wall That Heals." "The Wall That Heals" is a traveling Vietnam Veterans memorial and museum that has a strong educational component for schools and serves to honor all our veterans.

Target's stated policy is that they provide grants at the corporate level for programs involving the arts, education, and family violence prevention, and donates at the local level to a variety of charitable causes. The line about Target's responding to inquiries by stating that they provide corporate grants only for 'gay and lesbian causes' is a falsity added to later versions of the message.

Although Target stores do not directly participate in the in-store collection of toys for the Toys for Tots charity sponsored by the U.S. Marine Corps, the Target Corporation contributes to that charity by giving discounts to groups who buy toys for it, and through collecting toys at their chain of Marshall Field's stores, one of the National Corporate Sponsors of the Toys for Tots program.

chinese jeep?

I stand corected and gladly so. You never know what to believe. Came from a good source but where the source got the info who knows. tug

The Toyota MR2 message board which i am a member of participates in a toys 4 tots competition between other car forums each year. The concept is that each car club trys to have the most matchboxes donated. You can either donate matchboxes by mailing them to the drive administration or paypaling money to them and they purchase them.

I forgot exactly how much we raised last year but it was an insane amount of matchboxes.

John
91T

Back