transmission leak

95YJ Nh

Im leaking what looks like gear lube between transmission and transfer case (I think). What could be the issue/fix? Is it the clutch?

ForumRunner_20130817_102204.png

1995 YJ 4.0L V6

Between transmission and engine it looks like. Hoping it's not a costly fix :( as I'm about to drop money on a new radiator though I think that'll take a back seat to this issue

1995 YJ 4.0L V6

How much fluid are you loosing? Does the fluid stink bad (meaning it's transmission gear lube), or does it look and feel like engine oil?

I'm guessing that you're leaking engine oil, and that it's a leaky rear main seal (where the engine mates to the transmission).

as to the radiator problem, I just replaced mine with a unit from Rock Auto and was surprised how cheap they are. I just checked and they've got 4 different radiators for under $100 for your Jeep.

RockAuto Parts Catalog

as to the radiator problem, I just replaced mine with a unit from Rock Auto and was surprised how cheap they are. I just checked and they've got 4 different radiators for under $100 for your Jeep.

RockAuto Parts Catalog

Just be sure you get the correct fin density. Many aftermarket rads do not have he density needed to transfer the heat out appropriately. Just my 2cents.

Ya it's a leaky rear seal it'll get fixed when I do the clutch unfortunately my break caliper seized up today so had to fix that ... jusy wasn't my day

1995 YJ 4.0L V6

Back