Tubular bumpers

Jetski180

I bought a 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport Shale Green Metalic I am looking for a set of Tubular bumpers that are crome what ones are the best. Also I need to get a trailer Hitch what should i get a built in bumper with one or get a bumper and a hitch. Thanks

Jeff

CHROME heh ??? OK well I would go with smitty built and as far as a rear reciver it depends on what you will be towing ...if not much go with the bumper combo if a little more weight go with a hitch that mounts to the frame....:p

As some wise man on this board once said (I'm not sure who) "Chrome won't get you home". And get a reciever that mounts to the frame. I have one in the bumper and it sucks. It can barely hold my reciever basket with a deer on it.

TARSI

Congrats on the new jeep. I hear Chrome is not the way to go either. Quadratec has some tubular bumpers though, I looked at them myself.

I have nothing on the rear of mine to two either, haven't decided which way I'm going either.

Good luck, afraid I'm not much help. lol :shock:

Not a big fan of tubular or chrom but that is just another way of seeing things. If you got your heart set on the chrome tube look go for it as for me I like real bumbers that can take a licking and keep on ticking. Good luck in your quest! tug

I am a black accent type of jeep owner but I would like to point out that jeepinstien had the right idea.. a polished Stainless steel will give you a longer life in the Florida type climate. Any chrome type bumper will be 1018 steel with an electrostaic coating of chrome. any nick or dent will flake the chrome off and rust will so to follow.....but on the same hand black powder coating is the same way and I have several cans of flat black paint and watch for rust from the salt...
Either way make sure these are good quality bumpers like Tug-n-pull said.. your baby will depend on them for protection from other cars.. trees and a few rocks.

CJ and TJ

As one of my friends once said to me (when I owned another off-road vehicle)....."What are you doing, turning it into a giant fishing lure with all that chrome?" I think chrome is great on show vehicles but if it's going off road, why bother? As for the the hitch, I have a rear bumper/tire carrier with a built in receiver hitch and I love it. If you plan on doing any off roading especially on the rocks you'll find that if you have a hidden hitch that mounts under your rear bumper to the frame you'll be getting hung up on it all the time. If you get a receiver hitch built into the rear bumper, you might as well get it with the built on, swing out tire carrier as well...it'll save your tailgate if you plan on going with larger, heavier tires.
Here's a picture of what mine looks like...
image-missing.png

Back