Warrior's CJ pic

TwistedCU

I'm posting this for Warrior. Nice looking Jeep!

WarriorsCJJPG-2.jpg

That is absolutly beautiful!!! I am new here, where is the info on it? Just my little opinion though, I dont like the exhaust. But to each his own, and that is a hansome JEEP!! Dennis

OK, Here is some info on my jeep. It is a 72 CJ5, 47,000 orginal miles. 304, 2bbl, outside frame headers, 3 speed, dana 30 front, dana 44 rear, 4" Superlift susp. lift, 2" body lift, 33x12.5x15 Pro Comp MT. I fabracated the front bumper, it has a front receiver mount, uprights and a receiver skid plate plug with licence plate holder. The rear bumper I fabracated and it has a swing out spare tire rack. I fabracated the diamond plated rear corner plates and replaced the stock tailights with the newer style lights. I built the front roll bar hoop and conected it to the stock bar with spreader bars. On top of the spreader bars I used diamond plated on the top and molded it down around the bars to make a top cap. Then I used diamond plate on the bottom and cut a door and hinged it. This is where I mounted the CD player and CB. I used a drawer lock so that I could unlock it and the door will drop down about 2" to expose the CD player and CB and when not in use it can be hiden and locked. I used the red nitrous toggle swiches on the console to get power to the 4 6" lights. I ran a main power wire up through the front bar to a fuze box mounted in the top console and everything in the console draws the power from it. Then I mounted a overghead dome light. I replaced the stock gauges with new white face gauges, all mounted in the dash on the left side of the steering colum. I had to relocate the headlight switch and the wiper switch to make room for the gauges. Mounted a OEM style clock in the dash. It has Besttop high back bucket seats with Simpson 5 point belts. It has a Simpson 5 point in the rear also. I fabracated two fenderwell toolboxes that mount on top of the fenderwells for tools and chains. I then built the center console between the seats, it has cup holders and a main locking compartment. The overhead console, the two toolboxes and the center console are all keyed to the same key. I built the windshield light mount brackts and mounted the 6" lights. Since this pic I have mounted a 9500 pound winch on the front bumper and relocated the lights and put 1" pipe from the uprights on the bumper down to the main bumper to protect the lights. I have done a lot of other small things and it is a ongoing project. I take great pride in building everthing that I can from scrach out of anything that I can get my hands on. I know this is long but maybe it will help explain a little about my rig.
Thanks to all
Warrior

See folks all it takes is a little pushing from friends for you all to see this old Jeep turned into something you don't want to take out and get dirty. But I am here to tell you that this Jeep and many of our friends Jeeps here in Northeast Kansas will get real dirty as we wheel this year. If it does get hurt(God forbid) I will make sure those pictures are put on here also, but I doubt that will happen, cause this Man takes good care of his toys. We have alot of Jeep 4wheelers in this area and I would say that this jeep is one of the better looking Jeeps in the area. We have alot of people who just put money into their Jeeps and they never see dirt other than the dirt in the parking lots that they cruise. Sorry for being so long but I felt that I had to tell alittle about the hard work this man puts in all of his projects.

re

nice looking CJ, it is more than capable and i'm sure you won't do anything to harm all of the hours of work that you put into your jeep. i'm sure you wouldn't have done as much body armour work and winch etc. if you weren't going to do any off pavement driving. do you have any before pics?

good luck & nice jeep

correct me if im wrong but this was JHiggins jeep i belive

OK guys, your right I did get a CJ5 from Josh about 2 weeks before his accident, but this one is not it. The one I got from him was a 75 and this is a 72. I was not going to be able to get it all together before the snow flew so I parted it out so that the wife could have her spot back in the shop. If ya look close you can see some of his parts on this on though. Like the headers, leaf springs, seats and a few other small things. Wish I could have put his together but just did not have enough time.
Thanks for all the compliments :D, it makes it all worth while,
Warrior

Back