We might all be driving hummers this time next year...draft

Snit I love Gatorade too. As for the war, I signed up for the selected service when i turned 18 in october, and if I end up being drafted Im going with full force along with not only my own countrymen but all those who would stand by our side. The U.S. army may be the most powerful in the world, but with the help of other countries it would be even greater. I am very patriotic also and Id take the chance to go overseas as an honor. Id also understand it to be an honor to have other countries fight by our side. Either way, my heart is with everybody involved, and their families and friends[addsig]

Hey Snitty, How you doin'
image-missing.png
I just wanted to put in my 2 cents and say that the moderator didn't censor any topic, nor did he remove any relative points made on the subject at hand. He mearly removed some expletives, that didn't need to be there anyway. I for one, have my daughter around me almost all the time, and think that certain types of language don't have a place on this board. I'm not tryin' to pick a fight, I love all you guys and gals like family, and like family, I'll poke my nose once in awhile, even if it may get burnt.

Peace, love and happiness to you all, and no matter where, Keep on Jeepin'.

Rob
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Hey Darkwolf I hope we can still ride together somedayI too have loged a bunch of miles in my old Kenworth and now I log em in a jeep. I hope this is all cool between us. I just kinda went off the deep end. Friends? Tug[addsig]

What happend 9/11 was something that never should have. We, as americans, got lazy, thinking something like this would never happen. The resources at our disposal, and the amount of troops should have and need to be used and should be used to secure our borders.

Unfortunately, we dont need your tired, your hungry or persecuted anymore, we have homeless vets, violence in our schools, children who graduate and can not even read, we have a huge deficit, we have a failing Social Security. We are a society of we want it now, and we want it fast. Play now, pay later. Nothing is never enough, we need bigger and faster, and newer. We are a society that is never happy, even when we have so much, we want so much more. Were a country that got wrapped up in OJ simpson, Hedi Fleisch, and the Clinton scandal. Made in the USA doesnt mean what it used to. Its a global economy, and most of our cars parts and most of are cars are assembled NOT on American soil. No longer do we take pride in doing a good job, but its doing as least as possible, and bitching about how much we make.

The point I guess I am saying is yes, we play an important role in the big picture, but attenton is needed on our homefront. We are losing jobs, we are becoming less educated, and overall, lazy. We need to protect our borders, we need to cut down immigration, we need to spend on our infrastructure, our industry, and clean up our enviroment. We need to provide free higher education to all that want it, and we need to make America strong like the years so many people talked about in here.

my 2 cents

oh, and I served my country from 90 to 94, attached to the 1st Armored Division, AKA, "The Big Bloody 1"

[addsig]

I look at it like a duty to serve. When everything happened last September, I was new to the service. I did not want to go over seas and fight, I wanted to stay home and just try and forget that everything that happened. That was then, this is now. I am fully looking forward to be having my unit deployed to over and kick some arab a$$!!!

Before I joined the armed forces our national anthem didn't really mean a lot to me. Yeah, I had pride in it, but I think that once you serve in the military, you realize what our country is and what we have fought so hard to achieve. Yes, I am VERY patriotic and hearing the national anthem sends chills up and down my spine. Not chills of aprehention or anything like that, more like chills that make me appreciate our country and our freedoms that we enjoy.

One of my personal opinions is that everyone should serve in the armed forces right out of high school for a year or two. I know that sounds extreme to some, but if you have served in the armed forces you know what I am talking about. I feel that I am a better person because I am serving my country. Once you go through the training and are graduating from it and hear the national anthem, it then has a whole new meaning.

If you are even thinking about joining the armed forces no matter what country you are in, I would say go for it. You won't regret it!!!!

Sorry for the long post, but once I get going about patriotism its hard to stop.....[addsig]

Serving your country is a wonderful thing, and also, a sacrifice as well. You sacrifice your freedom, your rights, and maybe your life if need be. Once your in the military, you see things thru different eyes. Your experiences, your exposure to different people and places is an experience in its self. You experience unity, the abilty to count on one another.

It took 9/11 to wake up people and thier belief in thier country. Thats my point. there shouldnt be a need for something like that to happen to wake us up, and show us how our freedom & safty could be taken away from us.

Everything has a reason, and sometimes we awake and see what is really going on in the world. The US for years has had some down and dirty foreign policies. Sometimes being the best, and trying to force our beliefs and thinking upon others, well, bites us in the arse.

We call the violence a war on terroism & tryany. They call it a Holy War. Who is right ? None, we all lose and waste human and natural resources that could be used to better our countries, and the world around us. There is always two sides of the coin, and each side has some valid points. Seperate 9/11 from the picture, and really look at the conflicts & conspiracys our country has had in the Mid-East.

9/11 was the awakening of how our country became lazy and well, conceited. But it wont be our downfall, but our turning point I hope. I just hate how our lives revolve around tradgedy and chaos. I guess I want the simple days of all the stories my grandfather and dad told and tell me about. I want to see prosperity, growth and happiness.

And dont forget, 2 chickens in every pot !

image-missing.png
[addsig]

Corn Licker Shine, and Branchwater! Now who wants gatoraid! Tug from the land where the moon comes over the hill in quart fruit jars.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Snitty is all about fruit punch Gatorade[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>I was getting ready to lock this topic, but it looks like everything seems to have worked itself out...

hope no one will be offended by my liberal use of the (edited by Terry) button.

Please guys, I want to keep this board open and friendly to everyone, no matter where they come from or what they look like...

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

hey terry,

don't worry that's the job ain't it????

i must admit i was worry'd yesterday,here's the story...

i was reading the reactions(reply)to my post so off-course i wanted to explain what i meant...

but i had problems loging in so...i kinda believed you kickt me out.....
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

but after trying 6 or 7 times i got logt in..pfffft!!!
image-missing.png

you must have had a big job changing all bad language in this topic...

it does look kinda nicer now doesnn't it guys????

image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

If you don't love the U.S.A get the hell out. Now how come that had the be edited last time. Is that so bad!!!!! Who does't love there freedom. Now people that are telling each other to f___ off now that should be edited. War may not be the answer to everything but when it comes to my freedom I will fight to the death. We all want peace but sometimes we got to do what we got to do.[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>If you don't love the U.S.A get the hell out. Now how come that had the be edited last time. Is that so bad!!!!! Who does't love there freedom. Now people that are telling each other to f___ off now that should be edited. War may not be the answer to everything but when it comes to my freedom I will fight to the death. We all want peace but sometimes we got to do what we got to do.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I'd love to see the draft reinstated. THere were only like 4 people that graduated from my high school last to join up. I'm joining the Corps after college unless the draft gets me sooner. I'd love to get my hands on one of those Humvees
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
guns and hums whats not to love[addsig]

I'm 27 and I now wish I was 18 I'd be first in line. I LOVE THIS COUNTRY and would die for her. Special thanks to all the men and women that put their lives on the line for me everyday

God Bless Americia[addsig]

Joining the service in just about any country is a good thing I believe. It will let you appreciate everything that you have and the freedoms that you enjoy as well. Even though it is highly unlikely that the draft will be reinstated, I believe everyone should join regardless... almost everyone comes out a better person in the end....[addsig]

Back