Weber carb

mcmud said:
It is not a given that a FPR is necessary, sixteen years of Weber use has never once produced a need on any of my many applications.

The OEM fuel filter used with the fuel return line is a FPR, and jeeps fuel pumps DO NOT produce 8-10 psi. New replacements are rated at 5-7 and the in-service spec is 3-6 psi.

The forums are full of users that will need to omit or restrict the flow of the OEM system just in order so to build enough pressure to see 3.5 psi... all for the sake of a new FPR gizmo.

If bowl overfill, the symptom of too much pressure OR poor float setting, is ever experienced there is a Viton needle that if used with the return system will withstand all that the OEM type pump will produce.

It is your screw settings are causing what you label "burns rich".

You may very well be correct sir (fuel pressure). But the boys at weber redline, quadratrack, my 7, and NAPA all disagree with you.

I second (third?) the mc2100 suggestion. But save your money and source your own. Look for an 80's fsj with a v8, make sure it is the .08, and buy a rebuild kit, the adapter plate, and one of those little triangle edlebrock foam air filters from autozone. Easy peasy. And prob less than $75 all said and done. Just google mc2100 mod and find a good guide, plenty out there.

Im planning on putting the mc2100 on my 82 cj7, my carter has an auto choke that works great, but i was considering switching to a manual. Does anyone have any suggestions? Good swap or not?

Im planning on putting the mc2100 on my 82 cj7, my carter has an auto choke that works great, but i was considering switching to a manual. Does anyone have any suggestions? Good swap or not?

I swapped a 2100 on to my 258 last winter. It was a pretty easy swap and it was super easy to rebuild. I did need the adapter plate and had to modify the throttle linkage but it was pretty easy.I learned everything I needed to know about the rebuild and which 2100 to use from pirate4x4, theres a ton of good info on there if you search. I did the whole swap in one afternoon. It doesn't seem to have quite as much power as the old carb did, but I can stand the jeep up on its back bumper and it will still idle without a miss or sputter.

Back