Weber Choke

avyoung

re

My choke does not work on my weber. I am wondering if the choke could be installed wrong. For example the fast idle adjustmant is pointed 45 deg down toward maninfold. I would think it should point 45 deg up so you can get a screwdriver on it.

Anyway any help getting it working would be very appreciated. I am getting tired of letting my jeep warm up every morning and it is not even cold yet.

The way I set my Weber was. To hold the butterfly plate closed while pushing the throttle linkage to full throttle you should hear or feel kinda of a click. Your fast Idle should be set correctly. Then you can adjust the speed.

I did set the fast idle I just think that the choke may be installed on the carb wrong. It does not work and will never open. The position of the screw is differant than the instructions I have. I would think it would point up so I am wondering if it is possible to install the choke wrong.

My adjustment is down too. I have no problem. It sounds like you have a linkage issue. It maybe stuck or binding?

Back